Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (12 Viewers)

Godammit.

The vaccine roll out for us is going to be too slow for me it looks like.

Bollocks. We're getting a two dose vaccine, from Moderna. Or we should be, if we weren't fucking off to some shithole country before the second dose.

I wonder is it worth putting off the trip until the second dose.

Dammit. I nearly got mangled by a cunt in an SUV the other day. This is exactly how they die, just one last job. I'll never get out.

Godammit.

The vaccine roll out for us is going to be too slow for me it looks like.

Bollocks. We're getting a two dose vaccine, from Moderna. Or we should be, if we weren't fucking off to some shithole country before the second dose.

I wonder is it worth putting off the trip until the second dose.

Dammit. I nearly got mangled by a cunt in an SUV the other day. This is exactly how they die, just one last job. I'll never get out.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You're always up fierce late Corm.

Worse than me. Fuck sake.

I'd be up for some of them hot links though.
Haha yeah I usually go to sleep about 4am right now, or later, terrible habit but my body clock just seems to go that way now.
How about a bear claw?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

varadkar blaming nphet again. 'we did what they advised', even though they didn't.

Leo is a fucking ballbag

At least Donnelly has an excuse for his incompetence (ie: he's a cretin).

but Leo has a brain in his head. He just chooses not to use the fucking thing.

Leo is a fucking ballbag

At least Donnelly has an excuse for his incompetence (ie: he's a cretin).

but Leo has a brain in his head. He just chooses not to use the fucking thing.
He’s just pretty fucking shameless. Even Martin had the good grace to bluff when asked a similar question. Varadkar is developing a haughy like ability to blatantly and casually lie.

My mum thinks he's great, which is usually a sign of a terrible prick of a politician

She thought Denis O'Brien was a great lad too; we nearly came to blows in a garden centre car park over it

He's got a real bertie 2.0 vibe to him. I'm not sure FG supporters see that either. I don't like him or his PR machine.
I don’t think he’s the same level of “dig out” personal corruption as Bertie. Power and prestige are his motivators.
And when Bertie was lying - he looked like he knew he was lying and trying to hide it. Leo just smoothly sails through the lies.

filled out a passenger locator form for my trip back to Ireland last friday

ended up not travelling so tried to notify the locator people of my change of plans. Found an e-mail on the website which it said should be used in the event of any of the details on the form changing. E-mailed to say I would no longer be travelling.

On saturday morning I got the standard text telling me to self-isolate for 14 days and provided me with a URL that would help me find a GP, would I need one.

Ignored the above message as I got the same one when I returned to Ireland last October, even though I was travelling from a green country at the time.

On monday I got another text asking if the address I mentioned I was staying at, had changed. I clicked the button to say that it had. I then got redirected to the same web page as step 2 above, which instructed me to use the same e-mail address as before. So I did, again.

Today I get a phone call from the contact tracing people asking me to verify I was still staying at the address that I provided on my passenger locator form. I told them no, that I hadn't actually returned to Ireland, that I could find no way to withdraw my locator form, and that I had e-mailed them twice to let them know this. The woman, to be fair, was really nice and apologetic about it. She thanked me for taking the call and said she would close out the case. And, of course, to make sure I filled out the form again when I eventually do return home.

So there you have it. Our super-efficient new arrivals follow-up process. What a fucking waste of time and effort that was. I realise that my case was probably a little bit different from normal, but if they had their shit together she could have been saved from wasting her time calling me, and could have been calling someone who actually is in the fucking country.

Oh, and if anyone wants to avoid having to self-isolate for 14 days, just say you changed your plans and aren't in the country. I would be fully confident they wouldn't be able to call bullshit in a million years.

filled out a passenger locator form for my trip back to Ireland last friday

ended up not travelling so tried to notify the locator people of my change of plans. Found an e-mail on the website which it said should be used in the event of any of the details on the form changing. E-mailed to say I would no longer be travelling.

On saturday morning I got the standard text telling me to self-isolate for 14 days and provided me with a URL that would help me find a GP, would I need one.

Ignored the above message as I got the same one when I returned to Ireland last October, even though I was travelling from a green country at the time.

On monday I got another text asking if the address I mentioned I was staying at, had changed. I clicked the button to say that it had. I then got redirected to the same web page as step 2 above, which instructed me to use the same e-mail address as before. So I did, again.

Today I get a phone call from the contact tracing people asking me to verify I was still staying at the address that I provided on my passenger locator form. I told them no, that I hadn't actually returned to Ireland, that I could find no way to withdraw my locator form, and that I had e-mailed them twice to let them know this. The woman, to be fair, was really nice and apologetic about it. She thanked me for taking the call and said she would close out the case. And, of course, to make sure I filled out the form again when I eventually do return home.

So there you have it. Our super-efficient new arrivals follow-up process. What a fucking waste of time and effort that was. I realise that my case was probably a little bit different from normal, but if they had their shit together she could have been saved from wasting her time calling me, and could have been calling someone who actually is in the fucking country.

Oh, and if anyone wants to avoid having to self-isolate for 14 days, just say you changed your plans and aren't in the country. I would be fully confident they wouldn't be able to call bullshit in a million years.
The oul Dunphy and Roisin Shortall from the Soc Dems were on the Tonight show last night talking about this kind of shit. Their main point being that at no point has there been any proper attempt made to keep track of whether people travelling to and from Ireland are actually quarantining/isolating as they should be. Basically, filling out a form and answering a phone call means you could actually just be doing whatever the fuck you want, which let's face it is a hefty enough part of what happened at Christmas there.

There isn't a 14-day isolation period in place in Ireland, and there hasn't been at any point so far, because nobody is really checking if it is happening at all. And it isn't. One thing I would point out is that in terms of the entire pandemic period, the fact is that for the most part the people travelling places during a worldwide pandemic are the people who won't give a fuck about breaking the 'isolation' rules. The people that do travel already don't give a fuck about that.
The people who do care about the rules and don't want to spread the virus, for the most part won't travel unless it's unavoidable
So in other words, I would think that the majority of people travelling into and out of Ireland right now wouldn't give a fuckin shit about isolating for 14 days, and will be quite happy filling a form out and answering a phone call when they know nobody is actually going to be calling to their house.

And for a good example, I give you The Brits in Switzerland: Covid: Hundreds of British skiers flee Verbier amid Swiss quarantine
You know which ski holiday people didn't flee that quarantine? The ones who decided not to go on a ski holiday this year because there's a global pandemic doing the rounds.

My cousin got his first shot late last week. He now has coronavirus.

The two things are obviously unrelated, it's just really unfortunate timing.

(They're related in that he works in a nursing home, that's why he got his injection, but there's also Covid in the NH)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back