Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (10 Viewers)

You're posting a cheque to pay your rent? You'll find the technology has advanced a bit when you move home

You can't even tap in the US and if you use a keypad/pin you still print the receipt and sign it. Apparently it's a technically advanced country too.

You can't even tap in the US and if you use a keypad/pin you still print the receipt and sign it. Apparently it's a technically advanced country too.
If you call them on this they'll let you know that actually chip and pin isn't more secure (true) and that's why they haven't implemented it (not true), we're just decadent Europeans wasting our money on frivolities (yes please).

If you call them on this they'll let you know that actually chip and pin isn't more secure (true) and that's why they haven't implemented it (not true), we're just decadent Europeans wasting our money on frivolities (yes please).
Aye but sure tapping is less secure but hasn't stopped us. I think the US has trust issues thanks to everyone just saying how great they all are rather than being in any way honest.

You're posting a cheque to pay your rent? You'll find the technology has advanced a bit when you move home

tell me about it. The US is mad backwards with certain things. I guess it's adhering to certain traditions.

On the other hand, they don't demand I have a tracker installed in my car with the implication I'm a criminal, like Ireland intends to.

On the other hand, they don't demand I have a tracker installed in my car with the implication I'm a criminal, like Ireland intends to.
The implication you're a criminal? Wtf dude.

You will be able to get insurance, but without a no-claims bonus to indicate that you're a low risk for the insurance company your premium will be high. Another way to tell your risk is low is by measuring your driving behaviour in real time - that's what the tracker is for. C'mon, you're no dope, you know this shit already right?

BTW I recommend you give First Ireland a shout - they're a broker, and they found me a reasonable premium even after a (minor) crash where the other guy claimed a soft tissue injury and got a big payout. They might find someone who'll take your good driving record in the US into account

Some health insurance companies in the US are giving people lower rates for wearing fitbits to confirm they are walking 10,000 steps a day.

You will be able to get insurance, but without a no-claims bonus to indicate that you're a low risk for the insurance company your premium will be high. Another way to tell your risk is low is by measuring your driving behaviour in real time - that's what the tracker is for. C'mon, you're no dope, you know this shit already right?

Well, yeah. A tracking device installed in my car? That's... I mean, that's what they do with criminals, people who are coming back after drink driving convictions.

Whatever. I guess I don't care, I don't even like driving cars and avoid it as much as possible. It just feels pretty creepy and shitty.

Rather than install this weird tracker thing, if they actually wanted to evaluate my risk they could notice I've had a driving license for almost 20 years, with zero incidents.

Rather than install this weird tracker thing, if they actually wanted to evaluate my risk they could notice I've had a driving license for almost 20 years, with zero incidents.
Well, you know, maybe they will if you ask the right people. The tracker thing is really aimed at people who've just gotten their licences

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back