Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (12 Viewers)

I did a pair of those ina few months once and felt burned and am wearing tan* dr martens now. I might try ecco's again in this year though maybe i got a bad set? what models are you getting?

(*actually tan coloured)
Models, fuck knows, but they aren't tan coloured anyway. Basically I have a pair for Winter and a pair for Summer. I've had them both 2 years now, the Summer ones are actually lasting better than the Winter ones because the Winter ones are this kind of 'half-boot' style that looks good for hiking etc. but actually I've worn the padding on the heels out of them, which doesn't affect anything really but the Summer ones still don't have anything that is worn out.
I've also worn the Summer ones all over Moscow, St Petersburg, Helsinki, Tallinn, and Riga, and yeah still good. They're probably not quite as water-proof as they originally were, but I probably just need to reapply some of the waterproofing spray you get to them is all.

The Winter ones look a bit like this except black and the heel isn't as big and doesn't come up the sides like that

450114-51052-main-nfh.jpg

The Summer ones like kind of like this

470054-51952-main-nfh.jpg

Right, vaccine approved in the UK. On Twitter a few people are saying "Thalidomide" but they're being very loudly shouted down by the majority so, yeah, this is good?

Right, vaccine approved in the UK. On Twitter a few people are saying "Thalidomide" but they're being very loudly shouted down by the majority so, yeah, this is go

Right, vaccine approved in the UK. On Twitter a few people are saying "Thalidomide" but they're being very loudly shouted down by the majority so, yeah, this is good?
I thought of this..if I was a pregnant woman I would indeed by wary of ingesting anything I wasnt used to.

There was a heavily pregnant woman in Aldi yesterday with her mask keeping her chin warm and the rest of her kids maskless. If I was again, a pregnant woman,I would be getting someone else to do the fucking shopping.I can't imagine long covid has anything good to say about fetuses or whatever you call a big baby thats still inside their mammy

Everyone else should be forced to take it. And also god bless the German Turks..first the doner kebab and now this.

I thought of this..if I was a pregnant woman I would indeed by wary of ingesting anything I wasnt used to.

There was a heavily pregnant woman in Aldi yesterday with her mask keeping her chin warm and the rest of her kids maskless. If I was again, a pregnant woman,I would be getting someone else to do the fucking shopping.I can't imagine long covid has anything good to say about fetuses

Everyone else should be forced to take it. And also god bless the German Turks..first the doner kebab and now this.

Interesting enough chatting to one of the lads on the course the other evening.

His partner is 8 months pregnant with a tough medical history, so he's thinking with the kid and herself in the house he'll be getting on the vaccine train asap where in contrast i'm basically isolation isn't really actually much of lifestyle change for me so I can stall the ball for a while. Other than those things we are pretty similar people so its interesting how priorities show in these things

I'm not sure what the relevance of a non-vaccine drug from the 50's which did have serious consequences WRT to side effects is to the discussion other than it being a drug where things went wrong. You may as well counter it by saying "penicillin."

Matt Hancock's ability to take punishment and not blink is unmatched. It's honestly impressive.

So par for the course of work I'm always digging about opinions i don't really hold, looking at societal moves etc etc anywhooo it's possible old hat to a fair few of you but I came across this concept recently- It very neatly defines the structures used in the debates you see a lot of, especially in the conspiracy/vax zone:

So par for the course of work I'm always digging about opinions i don't really hold, looking at societal moves etc etc anywhooo it's possible old hat to a fair few of you but I came across this concept recently- It very neatly defines the structures used in the debates you see a lot of, especially in the conspiracy/vax zone:

Not very fair on Texans

Fun fact about Thalidomide is it came in two forms, one of which is thought to be fairly grand, and might actually be an interesting and valuable drug that went really out of fashion because of something that could be fixed.

The problem was when they went into manufacturing it, the process used created both forms of the drug, the intended one and another molecule which was the same only a mirror image (or chiral form) of the one they were trying to make, which had terrible side effects (teratogenic) for pregnant mothers.

But yeah, one of the forms of compound is an important drug, which might have useful applications.

(or at least that's what I remember from a pharmacology lecture I had 20 odd years ago... possibly mixed something up there)

I'm not sure what the relevance of a non-vaccine drug from the 50's which did have serious consequences WRT to side effects is to the discussion other than it being a drug where things went wrong. You may as well counter it by saying "penicillin."
When I hear 'Thalidomide' all I think is JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY??

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back