Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (9 Viewers)

did i see some stat briefly earlier that in the red c poll the SuBuPo (as i am now calling it) showed only 55% of SF supporters polled indicated they'd take the vaccine? was overshadowed by the news that SF have reached their highest level of support ever.
This is pretty fucked up if true, but I think for a statement like that you really need a citation

found one mention, looks like it was a mail on sunday poll which asked the question, not the business post one:

The poll also showed great disparity in terms of scepticism of the vaccine among the supporters of different political parties, with 91% of Greens and 89% of Labour voters saying they would take the vaccine.
High levels of support for the jab were also seen among supporters for Fianna Fail (83%), Fine Gael (81%) and the Social Democrats (73%), but Solidarity-People Before Profit (68%) and Aontu (64%) voters were less sure.
Supporters of Sinn Fein were the most sceptical of the vaccine, with just 55% of the party’s supporters responding that they would take the vaccine.

small mercies

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pleasantly surprised with the Green response fwiw. Maybe most of the wackos left after the latest deal with the devil
am slightly dubious about some of the stats quoted for the smaller parties. Aontu poll at about 2% so you'd expect low numbers declaring themselves as Aontu voters in such a poll.
i would be surprised if the aontu stat was not based on 11 people responding as Aontu and 7 saying they'd take the vaccine, or maybe 9 out of 14.

How about, if, instead of that, we, say, reopen all the shops in the country at the same time 3 weeks before Christmas?
Oh, we can go further than that, let's open hotels and restaurants too. And sure, ye'll be needing a nice haircut to go with your Christmas day hooley, let's get the hairdressers open too. Gyms? Ah sure, why not, sure it'll be a grand buzz!

as I watch my once-firm pectorals droop slowly into my ever-expanding gut, the scale of frustration increases exponentially

however, I couldn't live without it

I was being sarcastic because the gym didn't work for me :p

But seriously people just go there to hoof air around the place. Weight loss happens through breathing.

Last Monday(one week ago), our school had it's first positive case. Tuesday,we had the second. On Friday a third. And now today a fourth. As a result I am now off work for a little while and have to have a test. Thankfully I currently have no symptoms.

I'll let you read in to that however you want.

Last Monday(one week ago), our school had it's first positive case. Tuesday,we had the second. On Friday a third. And now today a fourth. As a result I am now off work for a little while and have to have a test. Thankfully I currently have no symptoms.

I'll let you read in to that however you want.

Are you on restricted movements? Hope you get tested quickly and get the result you want. Also hope that regardless of result there's no particular extra reason to be concerned about your young lad and Covid.

the son of a friend of mine was tested yesterday, positive result confimed this afternoon. AFAIK he's the first of the kids in his class (bar the initial positive case) to test positive, all others negative so far. but they didn't test the entire class.

anyway, the rest of the family is in for tests tomorrow.

I've been sent home,along with a few other staff. Luckily I can hide away in my own space,pretty much isolating until I get a result. I have to wait on a call for a test first though.

Avril has to now stay home from work to look after Eoin, and he and his sister have been told to stay home.

I reckon the chances are pretty slim that I have it,but no need to be complacent.

Thanks for the concerns.

(our cases have been staff and students)

I hear through the family grapevine that schools (in the UK in this case) are just straight up lying and saying they don't have cases when they do 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back