Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (20 Viewers)

Has anyone here partaken of the takeaway pint? I just don't get it. There are some pubs by me doing it I think. But I can't fathom getting in my car and driving there to what? Pick up 2 pints of Guinness in a plastic cup, drive them home and 'enoy' them. I don't see the point and it all sounds like the biggest loophole ever for a country mad for the gargle at any opportunity. If I fancy a drink I get a can from the fridge and pour it into a glass. Are people basically bushing on the streets and buying pints and cocktails out the window of the pub?

My two housemates like a drink and were first in the q at the local pub for take away pints during lockdown 1.
I honestly could not believe my eyes that someone would drive down there ..get 4 pints each of fucking LAGER and bring them back up to the gaf. I don't begrudge them a gargle.. what I do begrudge is spending over €20 on what is essentially 4 cans of piss that could be had in the offy for €4 or something. I don't know the price its a long time since I was in an offy.

I found it hard to bite my tongue on that occasion. Its fucking ridiculous.

Has anyone here partaken of the takeaway pint? I just don't get it. There are some pubs by me doing it I think. But I can't fathom getting in my car and driving there to what? Pick up 2 pints of Guinness in a plastic cup, drive them home and 'enoy' them. I don't see the point and it all sounds like the biggest loophole ever for a country mad for the gargle at any opportunity. If I fancy a drink I get a can from the fridge and pour it into a glass. Are people basically bushing on the streets and buying pints and cocktails out the window of the pub?

I've had a few delivery pints in glass pint glasses but wouldn't be going near plastic when ya can get a fancy fancy beer for cheaper in the offo.

Takeaway pints make sense in the sun in an area where the "no public drinking" laws are ignored.

So no I have not.

Haven't bothered with it myself but my uncle in Ballinasloe was told he could pop down to his local for one and "sure, you can drink it in the car."

I've been drinking slightly fancier beers at home over the last while. not overly missing pubs but getting very browned off with lockdown, the lack of fun and not seeing people at this stage.

I've bought expensive pointless stuff off a few bars that i really like because I have this imagined version of things where they have to prove they are making a go of it to satisfy banks and the like. I was going to drink the money one way or another.

We got some nice bottled litre drafts from the big romance during lockdown one which were delicious. I'm not drinking now, but they were lovely and would buy again if I were. In NO way would I be arsed getting a takeout pint and drinking it outside, though. Especially not getting four that will be manky and flat by the time you get through them all at home.

I had one Guinness when the pubs opened after Lockdown Cool Original Flavour. I drank it in the green by my friend’s house (with him) and it was grand. We headed back up for a second but the pub had closed already. Haven’t been back since.

I had one Guinness when the pubs opened after Lockdown Cool Original Flavour. I drank it in the green by my friend’s house (with him) and it was grand. We headed back up for a second but the pub had closed already. Haven’t been back since.
I'd like a pint of Beamish or Guinness from a tap in a glass served by a barman myself but I don't fancy drinking it in my car, bringing it home, standing outside in November drinking it. The summer would have been nice alright to do that. I'm not into being outside much. I'm the guy that shunned beer gardens even when I smoked as I didn't see the point in sitting around outside getting cold when I had functional legs I could use to walk outside when I wanted to smoke

Haven't bothered with it myself but my uncle in Ballinasloe was told he could pop down to his local for one and "sure, you can drink it in the car."

I've been drinking slightly fancier beers at home over the last while. not overly missing pubs but getting very browned off with lockdown, the lack of fun and not seeing people at this stage.

genius! somebody call the healy-raes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back