Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (8 Viewers)

and it might be a reasonable assumption that the 20% not caught are not caught because they are not spreading the virus anyway, not enough to be detectable?

and it might be a reasonable assumption that the 20% not caught are not caught because they are not spreading the virus anyway, not enough to be detectable?
Not necessarily, there are lots of reasons for false negatives as the tests themselves will have variation in them. Not clicked through to see what the test does but if it detects via a biological component like an antibody or an enzyme, these can be hugely variable from batch to batch. So you could have a test that has a dodgy sensing element that could miss a Typhoid Mary.

I hate these stupid "it is with a heavy heart that I conclude that due to a lack of exact clarity on every aspect of this disease, nothing should be tried and those who will die must die" cunts so much. Stooges for capital.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Not necessarily, there are lots of reasons for false negatives as the tests themselves will have variation in them. Not clicked through to see what the test does but if it detects via a biological component like an antibody or an enzyme, these can be hugely variable from batch to batch. So you could have a test that has a dodgy sensing element that could miss a Typhoid Mary.
Lots of reasons for false positives too, by all accounts. Maybe thats accounted for in the 20% margin-of-error. Which, lets face it, isn't great, but relative to where we are now, it would leave us much better off.

I love how Europe is intent
I hate these stupid "it is with a heavy heart that I conclude that due to a lack of exact clarity on every aspect of this disease, nothing should be tried and those who will die must die" cunts so much. Stooges for capital.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Send me her address and I can help make her wish come true

I read somewhere a few weeks back that the Indians have developed a test that only takes about 5 minutes and gives 98% accuracy, and would apparently be cheap to make and all

If only real life was like the movies - if anyone coughs in a movie, we know they will die within the next 10 minutes.

Hahahaha!

Unrelated to the rona, but related to @Cornu Ammonis , every day I see a man walk past my apartment that looks SO like him! You don't live in D8 now, do you C?

Hahahaha!

Unrelated to the rona, but related to @Cornu Ammonis , every day I see a man walk past my apartment that looks SO like him! You don't live in D8 now, do you C?

I thought he lived far, far out in the sticks.
I live in Sandyford, D18 rather than D8. Must be some other absolute stunner walking past your place.

Corona 2.0 over here, and it's the fifth of November. And they just announced a long extension to the furlough scheme. People who are getting paid to do nothing but "stay home, stay safe, protect the NHS", are celebrating tonight with fireworks galore, while dealing with existential dread and constant explosions. It's like the '80's!

If I were Rishi Sunak I'd have waited until tomorrow to announce extending furlough.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back