Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (13 Viewers)

a week before we went to level 5 they banned house visits.

House visits and booze were clearly the 2 big things that needed to be addressed. They addressed one and not the other.

The numbers will start to drop fairly rapidly from next week due to level 5, but its clear they would have dropped anyway, albeit a little more slowly. Which is kinda how I'd see 'living with covid' as being. People free to do what they want, within reason, except for when it comes to house visits and booze. Those 2 shall not mix.

I did wonder if this lower numbers was due to a testing lab closing over the weekend due to staffing issues (which I interpretted as staff member got covid)

apparently the number of tests didn't drop much. The rate of positives, relative to the number of overall tests, on the other hand, did continue to drop steadily.

This guy on twitter https://twitter.com/RiochtConor2 is the best source I've found for this kind of ino

Well greetings from France, where there is plenty of faffing around. They anounced the lockdown on Wednesday. Its not going to be really enforced until Monday after the midterm break ends. So they basically gave anyone with a second home permission to flee the cities. The same thing happened before the first lock down.

I live in the far west of Britanny. It's been busy since May, Camper vans everywhere, all holiday rental places full up. Towns packed business as usual except for everyone is wearing masks in Markets and shops. Really apart from the bisous disappearing nobodies habits have changed. Families still all got together during the vacations grandparents are still minding Grandchildren.

I work in a creperie in a market and its been our busiest and longest season in years, which normally would be great but during the lockdowns the tourists dissappear and the locals are afraid to go shopping so I have to take my holidays and then go on the dole. It's shit.

I'm not sure what will happen this time, they are already saying Christmas might not really happen just like Easter did'nt.

"It's not a ferret, it's a pig!"

Covid 19 is still breaking balls. But i can confirm the middle aisle was open in Lidl Omni last night.
same in Tallaght but missing half the shite they'd normally have. I guess they're just not stocking 'non-essential' stuff, rather than closing the aisles completely. Though their definition of 'essential' item is somewhat loose.

If this worked it could change everything. Test people getting on planes. Test people going into venues. Maybe, I dunno.

Not going to work though is it.

Covid: New breath test could detect virus in seconds
it says early trials had an 80% success rate. Which, in my book is fine. Like, if you can catch 8 out of 10 covid cases early on, that's way better than where we are now, and those 2 out of 10 cases would be a small price to pay to get things back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back