Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (19 Viewers)

I over estimated the width of the Newcastle road at the Lucan Super Valu
which is were the '6 lanes' thing came in...

I'm a bogger and never lived in Lucan but visited it regularly growing up
until the 90's.

My father's family lived in the Lucan and West Dublin area when it was
a village out in the country but he left in the 60's to become a bogger.

I hadn't been on the Newcastle road for a longtime until 2014 when my Gran died.
so the last time I was there before that the Super Valu place was still on the
edge of the countryside in the 90's.
so to see how much it had changed was a surprise.
Newcastle used to be a small village back then.

this thread is going a bit off track -
I love a bit of digression

ahhh back when Lucan had a SuperQuinn & Quinnsworth.
the good aul days

Ian Brown & Jim Corr should collaborate.

BrownCorr

Not only is he a great singer, he is also an expert on how to deal with global pandemics.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ian Brown was never a good singer. You only have to hear him live to know that. The rest of the band (fantastic musicians all) carried him, and the albums were obviously heavily produced to make his vocal sound half-decent.

They managed to do a few decent backing tracks, i'll give them that, a good rhythm section. Considering the genius that was happening next door with the Happy Mondays I don't know why anyone could be bothered with the Stone Roses. I liked his song My Star, or at least I did at the time I don't think i've heard it in 20 years.

They managed to do a few decent backing tracks, i'll give them that, a good rhythm section. Considering the genius that was happening next door with the Happy Mondays I don't know why anyone could be bothered with the Stone Roses. I liked his song My Star, or at least I did at the time I don't think i've heard it in 20 years.
I was all over his solo career up until he put out that Greatest Hits thing. I don't think he had any good albums, but every album had a handful of decent songs on them. Looking back on it now, I'd say about 5 songs stand the test of time. My Star and Corpses, from that first album would be among them.

I saw him live a lot as well. Of those shows I saw him assault a bouncer, try and goad someone in the crowd into fighting him, and spitting at him, and I saw him attack a sound man.

A friend of mine was at a gig of his in San Francisco where he and his band attacked, and subsequently kicked the shit out of, a bouncer (look it up, its on YouTube). My mate blogged about it and was contacted by the family of the bouncer about testifying in court, as they were going to press charges. Not sure what came of it, but my mate was never asked to testify. Guessing it was just 'made' go away.

Brown is a scumbag. He did time for assaulting an air stewardess. He claimed his innocence but, given the above, there's not a fucking hope I'd ever believe him.

the happy mondays always left me cold. never really understood the attraction.
Great lyrics, good music. They're not my favourite band or anything but they really captured a moment of full on decadence and an anything goes attitude that got diluted into the lads with guitars, Oasis clones, follow the rules music with shine high in the sky lyrics by the mid 90s.

Some aul lad fuckwit giving grief the girl working at Today's Local in Inchicore yesterday when she asked him to pull his mask over his nose. Walked out leaving his sandwich behind.

Some aul lad fuckwit giving grief the girl working at Today's Local in Inchicore yesterday when she asked him to pull his mask over his nose. Walked out leaving his sandwich behind.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back