Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (12 Viewers)

I dreamt i had to burn down two apartments each with an old school friend inside, making it look accidental.

One of their sisters was suspicious.

Literally changed last night as I was putting stuff in my basket.

Sorry kids. Imagination christmas.
COVID-19 Update: Click & Collect may be unavailable at times today and tomorrow as work through a surge in orders. From Thursday 22nd October, Home Delivery and Click & Collect will be available throughout the lockdown period.

Hello everyone, hope you're all doing as well as you possibly can be-I echo the sentiments of @dudley. I have had similar experiences, the getting out early in nature...feeling filled up with hope...and then coming across people still going from the night before, keeping the "session" going. I still believe in the good in most people-but the depressing thing is that I know (for a fact) that people are having house parties, and these people are in their thirties and forties (the ones I know of, I mean). It makes me lose respect for them. I don't think they know how to be with themselves, who they are without the "session"-I feel like Batman needs to swoop in to deliver some street justice.
No-one ever agrees with me..... I don't think I like it

I’ve cleared it with work to collect all my stuff in the office and head to Dublin and work from there. Job are delighted because I’ve no broadband in Tipp and using a hotspot for everything has been hell.
I’ll be staying with my aunt that’s in her 70s and lives alone so she could do with having someone around. Everyone else has young kids so I’m the only one that can do it until we’re in stage 2ish again.

Only shitty bit is that the part time course I’m doing said they still expect me to go in each week. Tried explaining that it’s a 2 1/2 hour drive to there with probable checkpoints but they don’t seem to think that’s a problem.

COVID-19 Update: Click & Collect may be unavailable at times today and tomorrow as work through a surge in orders. From Thursday 22nd October, Home Delivery and Click & Collect will be available throughout the lockdown period.

So it's possible to collect from the shop even though it's not an essential service?

@pete I don’t know if it’s any use but there’s a Smyths near here in limerick and I’ll be back in Blanch on Thursday, so if you’re stuck for anything and they have it in the other branch, I can grab it.

apropos of nothing else, a good few years ago, a talking elmo doll came out coming up to christmas and the news was full of stories of people going bananas in the states, queueing outside toy stores and pulling guns on each other, etc.
so a lad i work with went down to smyths and was able to buy about a dozen (because supply lines were fine here) and sell them to irish people desperate to get their hands on them, but hadn't actually checked if they could be had here. IIRC, he paid 60 quid each for them and sold them for 90 each.

I remember those dolls and I remember my 2 year old niece getting one at the time. I've never seen someone give so little fucks about such a hyped up present.

@pete I don’t know if it’s any use but there’s a Smyths near here in limerick and I’ll be back in Blanch on Thursday, so if you’re stuck for anything and they have it in the other branch, I can grab it.
thanks but i think we're all good. one is all about the video games, the other would roll her eyes if anything from Smyths was suggested.

crai

No-one ever agrees with me..... I don't think I like it
Haha! I won't take it back. Your experience mirrored mine the last few weeks. People that happily describe themselves as "buzzers" were out and around in full effect. It made me feel very despondent, and also google "where can I buy a Taser in Dublin?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back