Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (14 Viewers)

What does that mean? The only way to tackle the virus properly is a vaccine. Everything else is us trying to balance health versus economics versus public discontent
If we'd had a proper lockdown we could be like New Zealand right now, where once again everything is open and working and there is no virus to worry about. By doing things properly, they have maintained public health and their economy , because they weren't afraid to close things down when they needed to.
Taiwan and Vietnam are the same, countries that weren't afraid to take proper lockdown measures to save themselves in the future.
What's happening here was really really obvious and I've said it all along, not my problem if you can't get out of the 'economy economy' fallacy that our government politicians who are owned by business people want to promote.

I'm not sure if it would be possible to lockdown Ireland in the way that NZ did.

There's a completely porous border up north, the Brits DNGAF, and people are shuttling back and forwards in and out of the Republic.

No?

Do they? The Kiwis?
I can only speak about my experience but yes, hate the chinese right now due to large numbers (relatively speaking) visiting and working. Historically they still don't want to talk much about the whole Maori thing, which gets much worse the more you find out.

I'm not sure if it would be possible to lockdown Ireland in the way that NZ did.

There's a completely porous border up north, the Brits DNGAF, and people are shuttling back and forwards in and out of the Republic.

No?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

some stern messaging in the local park now, posters urging social distancing with a message 'non compliance will result in this park being closed'.

I do get tired of people comparing Ireland to NZ, in sport, economics, now Covid, or whatever. They're very different places. The Spitting Image vid kind of said it better than I could.

sure isn't it a truism that most countries citizens have a lower opinion of their own country than foreigners do?
judicious use of 'most' there.

No?

this is exactly the reasons why we cant be like NZ (apart from our government not having the actual ability to be that organised)

In fairness, our main objection to Brexit has been the impossibility of maintaining a border between Northern Ireland and the Republic. Can hardly blame this shower for that not being a runner.

Not New Zealanders
Unless you get them talking about the Maori, you know, the actual New Zealanders.

Having said that, when the fucking (New Zealander) ghoul who edits the Sun is like "lol, great video, NZ's reaction of BRUTALITY is the real problem " I'm inclined to think maybe NZ has been doing it right.

What shape has this brutality taken? Can anyone fill me in? And, if so inclined, could I pass it off as the Blitz Spirit that we all showed in jolly old blighty when real men won the war?

I can only speak about my experience but yes, hate the chinese right now due to large numbers (relatively speaking) visiting and working. Historically they still don't want to talk much about the whole Maori thing, which gets much worse the more you find out.

New Zealand did restrict non new Zealanders from buying property there in recent years

---
I see talk about an extra bank holiday from gavin o'reilly for 21st december.

I guess the idea is to encourage non-essential businesses closing for that week before Christmas.
If that was the case, i doubt we'd be open for the rest of the week (or if so, very skeletel staff like 3 people, 2 of which would be company directors)

We need @thairock to let us know what it's like behind Jacinda's Iron Curtain, if they still have the internet there that is.

Ah - you mean lockdown should include closing the border and/or enforcing quarantine for people arriving in the country?

That horse bolted way back in May when Leo and co started opening shit up too early.

Still, they've had 4 months to try and improve testing and track and trace measures, try and prepare for what was an inevitable second wave as soon as they fucked the earlier lockdown, and in that 4 months they have done absolutellllly fuckkkk all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back