Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (18 Viewers)

I’m sorry @egg_ , I thought she was on the mend. Can’t imagine how you guys are coping but for what little it’s worth, sending love and all to you both.

I wonder how many, if any of the newly diagnosed cases had attended the anti mask demonstration.

I'd LOVE to know.

However, i'd imagine they'd also be the last to have a contact tracing app, the last to report symptoms, turn up for a test, isolate etc etc and the damage would be two steps removed from them by the time the people working contacts would catch up with them.

Tough time for you east coast crew though, getting trapped by other peoples actions. I suspect the smugness of the west here will catch up with us soon enough too if its any consolation.

I think about the future a lot these days. Curiously.

My consultant told me he's sure there will be a vaccine very soon. He also said the disease mainly effects non-white people so I'm not sure I should be listening to him.

my father in law fell a week ago and landed badly on a wrist he already had a plate in (which thankfully did not break it again) but it looks like he might have cracked some ribs.
he was mightily pissed off (partly cos he missed a golf game he wanted to go to on wednesday), but on sunday night got a whatsapp from one of the lads he would have been playing golf with, letting the golf whatsapp group know he'd tested positive.

My consultant told me he's sure there will be a vaccine very soon. He also said the disease mainly effects non-white people so I'm not sure I should be listening to him.

he’s referring to people with darker skin tone actually being more susceptible to the worse symptoms. It’s to do with pigment and vitaminD processing. I read somewhere about what he’s talking about. He’s not completely mad.
Dunno about vaccine though

Thanks for this , its a wake up call I needed to hear and I wish yer missus get well soon big time.
Yep, feel the same. Thanks for the warning @egg_ very best wishes to your other half. That's very tough.

Wore a mask in the office yesterday after reading this. Glad to be home today.

he’s referring to people with darker skin tone actually being more susceptible to the worse symptoms. It’s to do with pigment and vitaminD processing. I read somewhere about what he’s talking about. He’s not completely mad.
Dunno about vaccine though
Ah. Good to know he isn't a weirdo white supremacist type.

I must ask my next door neighbor what his latest take on all this is.. get this he's an infectious disease consultant in James' . I should imagine he'd be fairly well clued in.

that vitamin D thing was being talked about in the early days, haven't heard much about it since.
the theory seemed to be that having darker skin is correlated with coming from (well, your genes coming from) a region of high sunshine, so your body is not going to need to produce VitD as efficiently as someone whose genetic background is from scandinavia, for example.

thus dark skinned people who live in northern countries don't produce as much vitamin D.

that vitamin D thing was being talked about in the early days, haven't heard much about it since.
the theory seemed to be that having darker skin is correlated with coming from (well, your genes coming from) a region of high sunshine, so your body is not going to need to produce VitD as efficiently as someone whose genetic background is from scandinavia, for example.

thus dark skinned people who live in northern countries don't produce as much vitamin D.
The lancet from August has this

I skipped to the last line and conclusion is:
Sure why not, you have nothing to lose

i was out on the bike earlier and got a hearty greeting from a former minister for health, who was obviously out for a walk.
i realised after i'd managed to leave dublin, and passed him when i was in meath; but if i had, so had he (assuming he lives in his former constituency).
i mean, i can't complain that he violated lockdown given i clearly did, but i'm not a former minister for health (lest there was any doubt)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back