Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (9 Viewers)

in another 'people are dopes and we're all fucked moment' I just had someone from the Gas walk round my house for 20mins, and then proceed on his way round the other houses in the neighbourhood without mask, gloves or handwashing!

a relative of my wife's, who lives in the UK, decided to go on holidays to france and arrived home about a week ago.
on thursday she developed a cough and this morning reported to facebook that she's developed a fever and has lost her sense of smell. she's in her late 50s and is a chronic asthmatic. i suspect she's in for a rough ride, unfortunately.

I don't want to add unnecessarily to anyone's sense of dread but c'mere - really, try hard not to get covid, even if you're young/healthy/have no underlying conditions. Mrs. egg_ had it in March, was totally fine since, then had a relapse a few weeks ago that had her in A&E 3 times, then 5 days in hospital. Symptoms mostly tiredness and extreme weakness - during the worst episodes she couldn't walk or talk or really move at all. She's been at home for 10 days or so, and has improved, but still is pretty under the weather, and is still getting periods of weakness in her right arm where she can't hold her phone or manage a fork when she's eating

Jesus, sorry to hear that egg. Thinking of you and Mrs. egg. Will continue to avoid humans except on thumped.

That's awful, @egg, I really hope she turns a corner, for good, soon.

Very hard not to get disheartened that this isn't going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Never mind the random events like the Oliver Bond flats, I think people just aren't willing to put the effort in again. Compliance *looks* really good, loads of mask wearing etc., but too much "Sure call in for a coffee, it'll be grand" etc., going on.

I think until people are met with the hard reality that they either catch it or lose someone in their immediate circle, it won't be taken seriously, and with winter flu season coming, it'll be too late...

That's awful. Sending good wishes to Mrs. egg_ .

Reckon I had it in March and still get the occasional shortness of breath, although that could always just be the old.

I don't want to add unnecessarily to anyone's sense of dread but c'mere - really, try hard not to get covid, even if you're young/healthy/have no underlying conditions. Mrs. egg_ had it in March, was totally fine since, then had a relapse a few weeks ago that had her in A&E 3 times, then 5 days in hospital. Symptoms mostly tiredness and extreme weakness - during the worst episodes she couldn't walk or talk or really move at all. She's been at home for 10 days or so, and has improved, but still is pretty under the weather, and is still getting periods of weakness in her right arm where she can't hold her phone or manage a fork when she's eating
Thanks for this , its a wake up call I needed to hear and I wish yer missus get well soon big time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back