Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (13 Viewers)

No, when she got sick the rules for testing were fairly restrictive, and she couldn't get one. Doctor in A&E was a bit dismissive at first ("if you didn't have a positive test we can't consider this to be covid-related") but then relented when she actually listened to what the symptoms had been. Mrs. egg_ was fairly enraged about the dismissiveness, which perked her up quite a bit :p Our own GP is certain she had it, going there today to see what tests were run in the hospital and make sure they ruled out anything else potentially sinister

Loads of stuff like this in the irish times last few days

I take their point that it's not great but if these lads are working SO VERY HARD for Ireland in Europe then why are they swanning around Ireland ignoring rules, and the law, left right and centre? Can I trust some lad who thinks he personally is above the law to not start skimming off the top when given a chance?

maybe this should be in the elections thread or something i dunno

This boils my piss. He was an EU commissioner working for the EU, see the "Oath" section. If he was to favour Ireland in any way he would rightly be accused of bias. So no, we haven't lost a key-player who would have looked after our concerns. And this notion that another Irish person should automatically take his position.

Bah :mad:
I suppose it says a lot about the EU that those involved in it straight up don't believe that it's anything but various countries vying for power.

How is Irexit coming along eh?

What are we going to do about the flood of people crossing the county borders now?!

I've been toing and froing from the county for work stuff for the past 3 weeks. I saw a few checkpoints but there were always on motorway exits where people would have most likely been entering the county, i.e. getting off the M4 going IN to Maynooth and Kilkock. Didn't appear to make a lot of sense.

popped out to malahide for a wander this evening, ended up eating in gibneys.
a few tables over, a lad arrived, said to someone he had been at his grandmother's funeral this morning, and she'd died of covid. two friends joined him. on of them took off her mask, coughed over her shoulder and then said her daughter had brought home a cough from the creche. she then took out a nasal spray (one that goes up the nostril), used it, and the first chap asked for a go. after a bit of laughter, he used it.
i was half expecting jason byrne to pop out from around the corner.

restaurants are open and packed here in London, people are being encouraged to go back to them with this 50% discount scheme, there’s little to no social distancing, no one wearing masks, queues out the door and there’s been very little uptick in cases afaik. Went out for lunch today and all the places were heaving.

Doctor in A&E was a bit dismissive at first ("if you didn't have a positive test we can't consider this to be covid-related") but then relented when she actually listened to what the symptoms had been. Mrs. egg_ was fairly enraged about the dismissiveness, which perked her up quite a bit :p

Doctors like that, should be fuckin downgraded to nurse or some shit. Pricks like.
Last time I went to the doctor was about 5 years ago, I'd had swollen tonsils for about 6 months and felt a bit rundown at the time, so I made an appointment that was like 3 weeks away. Literally about two days before the appointment, my tonsils went down for the first time in that six months and felt normal.
So in I go to the doctor, she's like "what's the problem, etc." and I tell her about it and said something like "Sure a check-ups probably a good idea anyway" and she instantly gets all bitchy out of nowhere and says something like "Usually when people go to the doctor it's because they're feeling sick" in a big snooty condescending tone.
This after I'd just explained how I'd had swollen tonsils for literally about 6 months and was feeling pretty iffy at the time I had booked the appointment. Maybe if I hadn't had to wait 3 fucking weeks to be seen, eh?
End result, I haven't been to the doctors in 5-ish years now, despite having the odd bug here and there such as what I think was the Winter vomiting bug a few years ago that had me puking and shitting everywhere for two solid days, ha. Fuck I was glad the bathroom was right beside my bedroom for that one. (In fairness I wouldn't have wanted to have to get out of bed let alone leave the house for that one)
Why go to the doctor when they basically just tell you to get fucked, eh?

Why go to the doctor when they basically just tell you to get fucked, eh?
Indeed.
I gotta qualify that though by saying - the GPs in the place I go know their shit, and the first thing we did yesterday morning was call our own doc because we trust them and they know Mrs. egg_'s medical history. When I lived in Dublin I thought one doctor was more or less the same as another, but I was wrong

I wonder what was actually wrong with me that 6 months my tonsils kept swelling up, haha. I mean, usually that's a sign of something, maybe a virus that wouldn't get lost? Seemed to just fuck off of it's own accord anyway.

Indeed.
I gotta qualify that though by saying - the GPs in the place I go know their shit, and the first thing we did yesterday morning was call our own doc because we trust them and they know Mrs. egg_'s medical history. When I lived in Dublin I thought one doctor was more or less the same as another, but I was wrong
Bigtime I go to a walk in clinic and where two doctors work out of. There's a huge disparity in the queues between the two as people have figured out what hours they keep. Everyone wants to go to the good doctor, the other one is that dismissive type previously mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back