Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (11 Viewers)

the Boygenius stuff was decent, that bit of it I've heard. I think her own stuff is a little bland, but the new album got good reviews, so....

Of the 3 in Boygenius I'd much rather Lucy Dacus. She's great. Julie Baker is a little dull for my liking but @jonah tells me I only think that because my mind is incapable of appreciating her.

I like julien Baker but I don't think I have the mental strength or well being to listen to her at the moment.

Her songs can really get to me and if I am worried or anxious, stressed, I can't listen to her as it just adds to it and makes me feel worse than before.

I am not like that with any other musician

Her new video is pretty batshit anyway
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hopefully just a blip in the figures, but a damning indictment of how we treat factory workers AND the direct provision employees that are working there.

But, the alarm bells are that this is what happens you put a bunch of people into a crowed room with poor ventilation......like a classroom....

Good article on airborne transmission in the Atlantic today

a neighbour of mine works for a company which supplies ventilation to large office buildings. he was saying the figures involved in retrofitting buildings is kinda eye watering - as most air systems recirculate air rather than dump it and suck in fresh air.

To do it properly is a massive undertaking, but at the very least you can buy portable HEPA air filtration units, you might need a couple per classroom, but they're not especially expensive. They're not even being considered....

Glad our kids aren't in the school timeframe yet. They are booked in for pre-school next September and I'm not confident of that.

You lot must be under a lot of stress. This thing is fucking everything up.

To do it properly is a massive undertaking, but at the very least you can buy portable HEPA air filtration units, you might need a couple per classroom, but they're not especially expensive. They're not even being considered....

Are they stand alone units? Precious distancing space.

Fair point, but they could be as vital a piece of equipment in keeping a classroom viable as any other. Even putting fans at windows, on the ledges, to blow air out would help.

Have you had your classes measure? What's the ratio look like? This idea of putting the overflow of children into a spare classroom and live streaming. A - wtf? B - What spare classrooms?

I dont actually know. But i believe our caretaker has been working on things like that.

There was talk of splitting the school in four and how to keep groups small etc by the school before official closing.

I cant see how with current class sizes the distancing could possibly work. The day could be spent keeping kids apart and nothing else.
And then all the other suggestions, how?

Im not using it as an excuse to not go back,but it really would have helped if the people who made the suggestions had some idea about what goes on in schools,from a teaching point of view but also the social side of that many kids.

There should have been discussions ages ago,and then they may have been able to drop suggestions that were considered as no longer needed. As it is,it feels like cramming the night before the exam and hoping for thr best and then showing up without your pencil case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back