Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (11 Viewers)

Myself and the fella were going to book a hotel stay in West Cork for a long weekend, boost economy, have a staycation etc, we were all excited and but now its seems that's a dangerous move because apparently Americans can do whatever the fuck they want. I'm so annoyed because I'm not afraid to even go into a cafe because people seem to think they can do whatever... WHY.

the busiest flight recently landed in from the states had something like 16 passengers on it. i suspect americans here on holidays, while it might be high profile in terms of media attention, is not the main issue.

Myself and the fella were going to book a hotel stay in West Cork for a long weekend, boost economy, have a staycation etc, we were all excited and but now its seems that's a dangerous move because apparently Americans can do whatever the fuck they want. I'm so annoyed because I'm not afraid to even go into a cafe because people seem to think they can do whatever... WHY.

We had a similar idea but were put off by the idea of interacting with people and being on guard the whole time so what we're doing is taking a cottage in Mayo next week. The accommodation costs aren't going to help the local economy as it looks like the place belongs to a German and he's letting it out as he isn't travelling but we'll end up spending a fair bit in the local supervalu/off licence.

For what it's worth I was speaking, over the gate, to my neighbour 2 nights ago and he and his wife had been away in Waterford last week and was very impressed with how the hotels there were in handled things.

Last edited:

*one galway restaurant is going hardline on the 'when did you enter the country' line. Maybe there is somewhere like that in West Cork?

*one chain of restautants..

the busiest flight recently landed in from the states had something like 16 passengers on it. i suspect americans here on holidays, while it might be high profile in terms of media attention, is not the main issue.

and the reports of any imported corona virus mention the UK not the US. It's almost like a deflection (my new favourite word) from the internal failures here.

so it's not enforced?

I don't think there's really a mechanism for it. They're told at the airport but it seems to be an honour system, not sure if they're even asked where they'll be for the next 2 weeks, but if there isn't then there's no way of anyone in authority chasing them up.

Fuck all US tourists go to Donegal.

i saw some comment that the americans most likely to travel are the ones most likely to be sensible when it came to taking precautions at home also. i have not quite digested the logic of that yet.

is all this hysteria about yanks not based on Newstalk interviewing some lad in the airport who flew in from Dallas, and said the 'rona was a hoax?

Newstalk.

Like, there's every chance that whole thing was a setup, and look at the shite its caused. I hear stuff about West Cork being overrun, but absolutely nothing to back that up.

maybe the 16 lads from Dallas are overrunning it, I dunno.

Like, there's every chance that whole thing was a setup, and look at the shite its caused. I hear stuff about West Cork being overrun, but absolutely nothing to back that up.

I wouldn't say we are overun here, what i've heard is mostly american/english accents when I'm out and about. They are here and they are largely ignoring from I've seen. Took great pleasure in shooing some massive sports looking fella back a few paces in the shop at the weekend, him with the finest teeth I've ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back