Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (11 Viewers)

And the greatest gift the conspiracy web did ever get.
Oh, those people that run their computer on an Anonymized VPN, with a secure browser and wired network only etc etc.... that haven't exposed any data online since Geocities caught them out in 1995.

Or the everyday ones like us that are having our data hoovered up night and day to be sold right back to us?

People that have data privacy issues with this app should head to the Carphone Warehouse and buy a Nokia 105 and return to buying newspapers and writing letters to them. I mean is you truly want data privacy, go offline with everything.

I've a mate from very high up in the food chain of computing in Ireland who recommended people opt in, so I went in anyways.
same. Downloaded it and opted in to everything. Strange that it enabled bluetooth, then complained when I disabled it.

Still, one of the lads who developed it was in my class in college. He wouldn't be the worst at all.

Well, I think the point is the app scans other bluetooth devices as you mosey around for the day, so when two phones are in less than 2m proximity for 5 minutes or more, that's the interaction that's logged for contact tracing.

Well, I think the point is the app scans other bluetooth devices as you mosey around for the day, so when two phones are in less than 2m proximity for 5 minutes or more, that's the interaction that's logged for contact tracing.
again, very worrying, if true. Won't work at all then. Having bluetooth enabled all the time adds another point of attack from a hacker. And, it drains the battery. I only enable it as I need it. Not a hope I'll leave it on all the time.

Jesus, are we worrying about hackers as well now?

If my bluetooth is already connecting with earphones is it able to still do this job?

Get a new phone already and stop lugging that dial up modem around.

Bluetooth is pretty much identical to a radio signal, theoretically headphone pairing should be grand.

You only need to turn it on when you are twerking people in the speakeasies.

I had my credit card hacked over bluetooth before
Fucking fair play! I was robbed in the street before but I still use streets.

Yeah I dunno, I have enough trouble getting bluetooth to recognise the devices I want it to, nevermind hackers getting into my phone. I'm sure i'll change my mind when it happens to me but right now i'm ok with it, hopefully you'll get herd immunity from those of us taking the vaccination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back