Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (11 Viewers)

He was a household name, but he's stepped from being that bloke from the virus to a man who sits in the rosegarden after telling the PM to cover for him...

He was a household name long before this. Even before Brexit.

I think most people who give a shit are using the breadcrumb trail of inconsistency to make a wider point about general bullshit. Sadly, most people (as in, the literal majority of people) don't give a shit one way or the other, even when their lives literally depend on it. Over here, they've never understood the idea that they might have agency in decisions that affect their lives. They fundamentally don't understand democracy. They invented it though, don't forget that.

Cummings is just a symptom of that. Today's press conference is a symptom of that. There's a lot of cultures in the world where if some dude really really needs to do a press conference, then show's up half an hour late, most people would just have left and said "fuck'em".

'tis a sad country, England. I specifically mean England.

But they need the headlines, and the memes. They are at least good at making jokes, the English.

Pass the gin. NO, I meant pass that pish on to someone else, give me whiskey.

He was a household name long before this. Even before Brexit.

I think most people who give a shit are using the breadcrumb trail of inconsistency to make a wider point about general bullshit. Sadly, most people (as in, the literal majority of people) don't give a shit one way or the other, even when their lives literally depend on it. Over here, they've never understood the idea that they might have agency in decisions that affect their lives. They fundamentally don't understand democracy. They invented it though, don't forget that.

Cummings is just a symptom of that. Today's press conference is a symptom of that. There's a lot of cultures in the world where if some dude really really needs to do a press conference, then show's up half an hour late, most people would just have left and said "fuck'em".

'tis a sad country, England. I specifically mean England.

But they need the headlines, and the memes. They are at least good at making jokes, the English.

Pass the gin. NO, I meant pass that pish on to someone else, give me whiskey.

He made the Reuters cycle for the USA rush hour anyways - Didn't make the API ticker. I'm still sticking with the theory that he's effectively launching his PM campaign. Like he coulda just resigned on Sunday and stil done his exact same job from Durham telling boris what not to fuck up every hour and people would be happy with the effective lynching an move on, but no, he turned it into getting into the rosegarden.

It's an interesting idea, but I do disagree.

I think he knows that he doesn't want to be confined by the rules of an official, accountable position.

Here what about Leo "Sun's Out, Guns Out" Varadkar then? That seems to ave gotten missed in all the Gollum controversy

Call me old fashioned, but I don't want to see the man supposedly leading the country with his top off. Ever. I dunno why. It just makes me cringe.

Here what about Leo "Sun's Out, Guns Out" Varadkar then? That seems to ave gotten missed in all the Gollum controversy

Kinda think he was maybe 80-90% in the spirit of the lockdown? Kinda looks like two couples having a can or two.
If they were in salthill i'd be annoyed.

I was cycling through the park on Sunday afternoon getting a bit irritated by the amount of cars all of a sudden and particularly the way lots of them were parked in innappropriate places. Going by Wellington monument I nearly lost it when I saw two black mercs (I think?) parked half on the road, half on the footpath and right over some double yellow lines. Now I know who that was.

Says he was within the 5km limit, seems like a non-story excuse to publish pics of the the taoiseach with his top off

Yeah. But it seems like a slightly dumb thing to do in terms of the optics of the situation. Why give all your critics something to hammer you about? He's living/staying at Farmleigh (apparently) so he's within the 5k easily but why not just use the big bloody garden there? I'd say his PR people are going mental about it. Unless, of course, it was their idea ... in which case they are probably blaming Sinn Fein for it ... or something anyway.

Yeah, but really, he went to the park, who gives a fuck
And Dominic Cummings just went to an isolated place to isolate. In and of itself it's not a cardinal sin but you want the people telling you what to do to be paragons of virtue in this regard. Otherwise half the country will be thinking "well if he can do that, I can at least to this" and so on.

Why should us common folk give a fuck about whether something looks bad? Shouldn't we try to focus on what is bad, and leave talk of optics to the PR wonks who are trying to manipulate us?

Surely when it comes to politics, there isn't always such a clear difference between "looks bad" and "bad"? Have you never seen The Thick Of It?

Says he was within the 5km limit, seems like a non-story excuse to publish pics of the the taoiseach with his top off

Edit: I see hugh covered all of this.

I don't know where he normally lives (I remember seeing a thing RTE did years ago, probably more than 2 elections ago where they shadowed a number of candidates including him and he was in an apartment somewhere) but apparently he's been living in Farmleigh House the last couple of months so he'd probably be within the 5KM if they were in the park, I don't know what they were doing contravened the guidelines that allowed you to stay within that boundary though.

And Dominic Cummings just went to an isolated place to isolate. In and of itself it's not a cardinal sin but you want the people telling you what to do to be paragons of virtue in this regard. Otherwise half the country will be thinking "well if he can do that, I can at least to this" and so on.
Dominic Cummings drove up and down the country (as far as I know, I'm not really following that), Leo apparently stuck to the rules. You can go to the park

Leo is the same age as me, If there was a park within 5km of me I could have gone to at the weekend to drink cans with my imaginary partner and see friends I'd have done it in second and been within the guidelines of phase 1. And I'm sorry Katie but I'm 90% certain i'd be taps aff too. Possible they breached the 2M radius. World of difference between indoor and outdoor and breezes exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back