Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (7 Viewers)

In Dublin? Really?
because someone in google had the sniffles. They're pretty sure they don't have c-19 but want to test their 'working-from-home' protocols, just in case. Bunch of drama queens. Basically the same as they (and everyone else) did during hurricane ophelia and the big snow, but no one went to the media begging for attention those times.

I'm jealous! I'd feel a lot more peace of mind at home. No chance of that here. People come into work here sick; its that old school pride thing. I'll infect everyone else so I look like a good employee.

My kids school were meant to be going to the ESB Science Blast in the RDS tomorrow and were really looking forward to it, but the school have cancelled going. Lots of parents going "very sensible decision", I'm raging.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">People with flu: I feel shit. Just wanna stay in bed and do nothing<br><br>People with Coronavirus: I feel shit. Just wanna go on holidays, see the world, maybe go skiing in Austria, see the Eiffel Tower, maybe some white water rafting, do the Camino de Santiago..</p>&mdash; Rob Gale (@galeforcerob) <a href="
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
">March 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:ROFLMAO:

I know Rob (and he is sound), those are great numbers.

I'm jealous! I'd feel a lot more peace of mind at home. No chance of that here. People come into work here sick; its that old school pride thing. I'll infect everyone else so I look like a good employee.

My GF has a colleague who has given the staff in work 2 of her colds in recent months. She won't take time off, won't practice good hygiene over her coughing and spluttering because she's obviously a secret doctor who doesn't work in the field for some reason and insists "I'm not contagious."

The people there are really worried about her, not for her health, but that she'll make everyone sick.

My GF has a colleague who has given the staff in work 2 of her colds in recent months. She won't take time off, won't practice good hygiene over her coughing and spluttering because she's obviously a secret doctor who doesn't work in the field for some reason and insists "I'm not contagious."

The people there are really worried about her, not for her health, but that she'll make everyone sick.
I really never understand this. They really think their manager will be impressed. They won't be. And on the off chance they will, absolutely no-one else will. They'll hate you for it. How is even good for productivity to strike the whole office down with illness? If you're sick stay home. If for some reason you feel a pang of guilt about it, ask to do some work from home.

I really never understand this. They really think their manager will be impressed. They won't be. And on the off chance they will, absolutely no-one else will. They'll hate you for it. How is even good for productivity to strike the whole office down with illness? If you're sick stay home. If for some reason you feel a pang of guilt about it, ask to do some work from home.

She is generally considered to be a problem to have to work with.

It drives me insane. Some people basically refuse to practice basic hygiene as if they're above it. There's nothing wrong with people making a genuine error (eg, plenty of people thought it best to cough into hands etc) but once you have the info MAKE AN EFFORT.

I have a cough and a chest infection. But it's probably nothing.

Me too, or at least early stages. Sore lungs and dry cough since yesterday, and a headache. Don't feel, or look, sick enough to justify staying home. And I was joking all over the place about my recent work trip to Paris exposing me to Italians.

Me too, or at least early stages. Sore lungs and dry cough since yesterday, and a headache. Don't feel, or look, sick enough to justify staying home. And I was joking all over the place about my recent work trip to Paris exposing me to Italians.
I'm self isolating. As usual.

If you travelled recently and are sick with a temperature and cough I would consider being tested. Hope you're OK! Coronavirus

I’m at London city airport waiting for a flight to Düsseldorf. No extra precautions here.

I don’t want to go as Germany has the highest number of cases besides Italy. But there’s a culture of “just get on with it because we’re paying you to do this, and we’ll find someone else who will if you don’t” in my job. I’ll be going airport to hotel to office and back to airport and hopefully interacting with as few people as possible.

I’m at London city airport waiting for a flight to Düsseldorf. No extra precautions here.

I don’t want to go as Germany has the highest number of cases besides Italy. But there’s a culture of “just get on with it because we’re paying you to do this, and we’ll find someone else who will if you don’t” in my job. I’ll be going airport to hotel to office and back to airport and hopefully interacting with as few people as possible.
That's shit, I'm sorry! Mind yourself. My brother's trip to India was canceled by work. Not fair to make people travel in such worrisome times.

Yeah this shit will really put the idea of companies who care about their employees to the mettle. A large part of my job involves visiting clients site and can’t be done remotely, if we’re sat at home for months on end it means we can’t do our job, so I’d imagine most of my team would be let go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back