Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (6 Viewers)

Tested positive for COVID a week ago. Have been just fucking wrecked since. I didn't have a fever and nothing much respiratory. I just feel like I'm wearing clothes made out of lead and everything seems to take way more than the usual effort. I decided to go back to work this morning (from home) even though I'm not sure I can keep myself awake for the duration.

My sense of taste and smell seem to have largely returned though. I really hope the lethargy lifts soon, meant to be going to Pavement and a couple of other shows in coming days.

Tested positive for COVID a week ago. Have been just fucking wrecked since. I didn't have a fever and nothing much respiratory. I just feel like I'm wearing clothes made out of lead and everything seems to take way more than the usual effort. I decided to go back to work this morning (from home) even though I'm not sure I can keep myself awake for the duration.

My sense of taste and smell seem to have largely returned though. I really hope the lethargy lifts soon, meant to be going to Pavement and a couple of other shows in coming days.

I'm still not 100% on energy and i'm a month or two past it.
Over exerting in the few months after can lead to complications i'm told.

That was pretty much my experience. I went back to work too soon but had to give in to it again and take more time off.

Wife and son 1 went for boosters on Sunday. They both react badly to the vax and this time was no different. Both sick and only just about over it.
Related: Ian (ex-thumped) and his son have the covid now.

Work day went ok though manager didn't check in with me until 5hrs into the day. Felt a bit adrift. I slept on my lunch break and went straight to sleep after work for a few hrs. Going into the office tomorrow.

It might look a little something like this. COuCFhHWEAEKU24.jpg_large.jpg

I don't think it'll ever be possible to tell fact from fiction in the China news but, bearing that in mind, this thread is worth a glance

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't think it'll ever be possible to tell fact from fiction in the China news but, bearing that in mind, this thread is worth a glance

This thread from an old friend of mine with a lot of experience in China should be reliable. Having a quick look at the above thread shows they do not agree.

This thread from an old friend of mine with a lot of experience in China should be reliable. Having a quick look at the above thread shows they do not agree.

Thanks man, good to read it

I realise that my inner tinfoil-hat tankie seems to be getting stronger and stronger in reading about these protests

both Iran and China suddenly, out of nowhere, have mass political mobilisations.

both mobilisations are based around a snappy slogan — “woman life freedom” and “blank paper revolution”.

both have a core messiah-like silent victim who is the focus of much moral indignation — Mahsa Amini and Peng Lifa (the bridge protest guy).

both mobilisations have instant blanket coverage in western media.

both mobilisations have a weird propensity to escalate into extreme violence at exactly the moment when they seem to have run out of steam, thus guaranteeing another round of repression and counter-protest.

both rely on mobilisation of middle-class youth.

oh, and, of course, two of the biggest obstacles to the west, in their confrontation with russia, are iran and china.

So... let’s just say that one might look at this set of circumstances and go “hmmm.”

My folks recently got their latest booster.

They were down visiting my sister last week.

My niece, 7, "I want to sleep in the bed with granny." So they did up till about Sunday.

When my niece tested positive for Covid.

My nephew also has it.

My mother, testing every day since, all clear. They're guessing niece had it since about Thursday because she went clear on a test yesterday so that's a good few days of close exposure.

I felt certain that she was going to pick it up.

there's a low grade dose going round at the moment; i've heard a few people complaining about it. both myself and my wife have it, but she tested negative for covid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back