Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (1 Viewer)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
My booster blues lasted from before christmas, when I got the jab, to a few days ago. At least, I blame the booster and I think I'm back to normal now, horrific hangover aside.

magicbastarder

Website
stroma.org
we were out for the first time in a pub to meet friends in god knows how long, on friday evening. one of the lads who was there very probably has covid, his daughter tested positive last night, and his wife this morning, he's still testing negative though 'possibly has a cold' but hopefully the timing works in our favour.

Cormcolash

Website
geocities.com
One of my housemates tested positive on Thursday, and then didn't tell the rest of us. We discovered on Sunday when one of his friends came around to bring him food because he might have covid.
On the plus side, I basically never see the cunt and haven't even been in the house that much myself. Also he said all the tests before and after were negative "So it's not a big deal, right?"

Lili Marlene

-
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
What would the normal amount of cases/deaths due to flu be in a pre-covid year? I saw someone saying that current figures are saying Omicron is shaping up to be about 4-5 times as bad as flu, while the original variants were 20+ times, so it makes sense to call it manageable. I didn't put the effort in of factchecking all this but it seemed reasonable-ish.

Obviously, they could have used money to properly ventilate schools and the like but that would require not asking the private sector to do everything.

A friend of mine who studies viruses for a living says long-covid is "just" post-viral syndrome and has been known about for years, and one upshot of covid is that they are actually taking the issue seriously when they've been otherwise ignoring it for forever.

Tell me where i'm wrong there, that's just where i'm landing right now, happy to be corrected.

Last edited:

magicbastarder

Website
stroma.org
i'm curious as to what extent the vaccines have helped (and i'm not in any way questioning that they have helped)
i.e. in a direct comparison with the flu, many more people have been vaccinated against covid than they ever were against the flu, so where would we stand on a flu vs omicron comparison if vaccine rates were similar?

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
we've plateaued at 10k cases per day, so removing the need for masks is clearly going to help that...
its all very half-arsed. I went for the weekly shop last night and the numbers not wearing masks are, I'd guess, 30%. Of those wearing masks, 30% more don't wear them over their noses, which leaves a minority bothering their arses.

Either the mask rule needed to be enforced properly, or it needed to be done away with completely. They're either needed or they're not.

Yesterday was the first time I thought about whether I would electively wear one if they were optional. I don't think I'd be inclined to, but I think I'll try to always have one with me in case I ended up in a situation that made someone else uncomfortable.

magicbastarder

Website
stroma.org

"New research suggests BA.2 may cause more severe disease and is more effective in evading some of the existing protections against Covid-19. The study from Japan, which has not been peer reviewed, found it may be as capable of causing serious illness as previous variants, such as Delta."

ernesto

Stank you very much
Supporter
Solutions
Website
strikeaction.bandcamp.com

"New research suggests BA.2 may cause more severe disease and is more effective in evading some of the existing protections against Covid-19. The study from Japan, which has not been peer reviewed, found it may be as capable of causing serious illness as previous variants, such as Delta."

Yes, let's get rid of mask mandates just in time.

Christ on a fucking bike

Lili Marlene

-
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions

Users who are viewing this thread

21 Day Calendar

"Dublin Ghosts" - An evening with Pete Holidai and Tony St Ledger
Sean O'Casey Theatre
3 St Mary's Rd, East Wall, Dublin 3, D03 XP84, Ireland
Behemoth, Arch Enemy, Carcass
Olympia Theatre
72 Dame St, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 K135, Ireland
Brigid Mae Power & Band @ Bello Bar, Dublin
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Anvil
The Grand Social
35 Liffey St. Lower, North City, Dublin, D01 C3N0, Ireland
Destroyer
The Button Factory
Curved St, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Latest Activity

Loading…

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads