Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (6 Viewers)

So here, we have 90% of adults at one vaccine dose, assuming most of them will get to two, and considering we're signing up 12-15 year olds at this point, how many of that final 10% do people reckon are anti vaxxers? I know there's a small number of people who can't get the vaccine or just can't be bothered, but 1/10? Seems quite a high number of unvaccinated... anyone got any theories or explanations?
I'd say a substantial amount aren't actively "anti-vaccination", they're just idiots.

So here, we have 90% of adults at one vaccine dose, assuming most of them will get to two, and considering we're signing up 12-15 year olds at this point, how many of that final 10% do people reckon are anti vaxxers? I know there's a small number of people who can't get the vaccine or just can't be bothered, but 1/10? Seems quite a high number of unvaccinated... anyone got any theories or explanations?
I wouldn’t say a huge percentage are actively anti vaxxers.
I know a few people who haven’t been vaccinated, some are because they have allergies or other medical complaints and they’ve been advised not to. Some are trying for kids and they’re a bit worried about how the vaccine might affect things there. I’m seeing that more so than the full on qanon thing

I wouldn’t say a huge percentage are actively anti vaxxers.
I know a few people who haven’t been vaccinated, some are because they have allergies or other medical complaints and they’ve been advised not to. Some are trying for kids and they’re a bit worried about how the vaccine might affect things there. I’m seeing that more so than the full on qanon thing
I'll take it. America 18+ is topping out around 60% by the looks of things, which is kind of a disaster.

I'll take it. America 18+ is topping out around 60% by the looks of things, which is kind of a disaster.
They've decided to put a bit of stick about with US Fed workers, I just got an email telling me to get vaccinated or GTFO.

Presumably there'll be histrionics about this. With a bit of luck some pricks will get fired.

Probably a higher percentage than that in my circles.

No conspiracy theorists. There's a few people who are just contrarian pricks and don't want to be told what to do by The Man. Unless it's signing on, of course.

The thing I hear the most is "I'm stopping anyone else getting vaxxed, I don't mind if other people get vaxxed, I think I'll just wait".

It'll be interesting to see if music venues demand to see your vaxxed status, how that'll affect peoples behaviours. Or will there be a whole subculture of unvaxxed squat parties.

My brother who has 20-something year old sons refusing to get the vaccine (in USA) says a lot of their circle are just afraid of the vaccine because it's so new and prefer to take their chances with covid, the little pricks.

If you provide the opportunity for people to avoid doing something probably good, by doing nothing, lots of them will avoid doing it.

That's it. You can just not vote. You can not go and get vaccinated. You can not bother. It's really easy to justify this post hoc with some bollocks, but in reality unless there's a stick, or some stupid carrot like a lottery, loads of people won't bother their holes.

I usually do the Tesco shop first thing in the morning, not today, I was dreading it. Pleased to report that mask levels were very high. I'd go as far as to say 100%

My brother who has 20-something year old sons refusing to get the vaccine (in USA) says a lot of their circle are just afraid of the vaccine because it's so new and prefer to take their chances with covid, the little pricks.
American youths are afraid of the vaccine but will mainline PCP at the club and drive their SUV directly into a tree

I'm definitely going to start calling having/not having a driving licence "vehicle apartheid." Literally you can't do it without getting arrested unless you bow down to government demands and submit to their rules.

Bampots

"
The Magna Carta, the first version of which was signed in 1215 by King John, has no standing in Scots law.

Article 61 originally gave a set of 25 barons the right to "assail" the monarch to keep to the document's provisions. However, it was repealed within a year of being written and the clause not included in subsequent versions.

Nevertheless, the claim that "article 61 of the Magna Carta" gives people the right to ignore lockdown regulations has been popular amongst Covid sceptics since early in the pandemic.

Bampots

"
The Magna Carta, the first version of which was signed in 1215 by King John, has no standing in Scots law.

Article 61 originally gave a set of 25 barons the right to "assail" the monarch to keep to the document's provisions. However, it was repealed within a year of being written and the clause not included in subsequent versions.

Nevertheless, the claim that "article 61 of the Magna Carta" gives people the right to ignore lockdown regulations has been popular amongst Covid sceptics since early in the pandemic.
I love the way they try and find a law to cling to. Reminds me of Dolores Cahill informing that guard of his rights as she arrested him.

speaking of which:

I'm out in the Baltics for August. I was in Lithuania last week where life is 'normal'. Few masks to be seen, no restriction on numbers in shops. indoor dining unrestricted, etc. I have no clue how they're doing in terms of numbers, but its as if covid doesn't exist.

This week I'm back in Latvia. The vax hesitancy here is huge. The conspiracy theories have gotten huge traction, and they'll struggle to get past 50% vaccinated. Indoor dining is only allowed for fully-vaxxed people, but nowhere is allowing indoor dining, for fear of upsetting the anti-vaxxers. Outdoor dining is fine. There's lots of space everywhere, and the weather was great all summer. The weather is going tits-up now, so the outdoor dining is on its last legs. What will be interesting to see is if places start to allow indoor dining as per the rules, or if they close again (with no govt supports this time).

They are talking about further lockdowns here in the autumn due to the low vax rate. Again, it will be interesting to see if there is a shift in attitude if the choice is to get vaxxed, or to go back to everything being closed, and weekend curfews again.

Heading to Estonia at the weekend. They tend to be the more educated and cultured of the Baltics. I'll report back after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back