Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (5 Viewers)

My mother went for the cure when she had shingles. Some poultice made from plants was put on it and then the woman prayed over the sores.

It helped. I'd say it was the topical medication rather than the prayers that did it.
I'm all for the laying on of hands and herbal poultices. It's the prayers to the Christian god that I have an issue with.

I don't know that the right answer is WRT resuming gigs etc but this week I've seen lots of talk about how in Belfast they are running outdoor events for 10k people and we have fudged it for 200 to save Leo's skin.

On the news last night. ROI new cases, about 1800 from a population of 4.9 million. 1,400 approx cases from 1.8 million in NI.

Maybe scaled up we could run at 4,000-5,000 cases a day without overwhelming the health service (I'm not sure about that) but it doesn't seem like we just just be doing what's going on up there either.

I don't know that the right answer is WRT resuming gigs etc but this week I've seen lots of talk about how in Belfast they are running outdoor events for 10k people and we have fudged it for 200 to save Leo's skin.

On the news last night. ROI new cases, about 1800 from a population of 4.9 million. 1,400 approx cases from 1.8 million in NI.

Maybe scaled up we could run at 4,000-5,000 cases a day without overwhelming the health service (I'm not sure about that) but it doesn't seem like we just just be doing what's going on up there either.
Honestly I think people need to calm the fuck down with their race toward having big events again, and certain sectors of the media need to stop cheerleading them.

It's a RESTRAINT! Do you like your government putting RESTRAINTS ON YOUR FREEDOMS?!!

this guy stuck with it, at least. here he is saying basically the same thing in 2002, long past the point when this was going to get much support:

I have a certain admiration for the kind of grumpy crank who is able to be so mulishly consistent about whatever nutso thing they’re into.

He lost that particular battle but it does seem that that mindset won a lot of the war of ideas across the USA, and it certainly has a foothold in Ireland. I suppose the pandemic hasn't helped.

hey lili, now that we’re 400+ pages in, how does it feel to have started the thread that will surely become the canonical historical record of the pandemic? can’t wait to buy the book

He lost that particular battle but it does seem that that mindset won a lot of the war of ideas across the USA, and it certainly has a foothold in Ireland. I suppose the pandemic hasn't helped.
i used to know a chap - an aussie - who refused to wear a seatbelt because he claimed that in 5% of crashes, seatbelts made the outcome worse so he wanted the choice. i never got quite through to him on the idea that it is generally not your choice on what sort of crash you were going to have, unless you specifically sought one out.

hey lili, now that we’re 400+ pages in, how does it feel to have started the thread that will surely become the canonical historical record of the pandemic? can’t wait to buy the book
Well my gut reaction is that there's still a billion people living in China so I was clearly right about this being nothing.

I fear we may be still in this thread 5 years from now

So here, we have 90% of adults at one vaccine dose, assuming most of them will get to two, and considering we're signing up 12-15 year olds at this point, how many of that final 10% do people reckon are anti vaxxers? I know there's a small number of people who can't get the vaccine or just can't be bothered, but 1/10? Seems quite a high number of unvaccinated... anyone got any theories or explanations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back