Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (18 Viewers)

I'd say those figures aren't really correct though. Definitely a massive COHORT (tm Norma Foley) who think the vaccine is a total cure, have seen shop staff getting frustrated with customers refusing to masks... "BECAUSE I DON'T NEED TO AS I AM FULLY VACCINATED".

I'd say lots of vaccinated patients will dismiss symptoms as a cold or hayfever, believing it couldn't possibly be covid as they're totally immune, baby.

Messaging from gov continues to get more and more muddy.

I had softly started to do some work towards booking some gigs towards the end of this year... but now it’s starting to feel a bit pointless again

sadface dot gif

UK on just shy of 50k cases today - and that's probably a day or so before the euro final effect is due to kick in.
There's loads of people having to self-isolate. Hundreds of thousands apparently. That's having a huge effect on productivity generally. There was a thing on the radio where some IT firm was paying freelancers three times their normal rate just because they're so short staffed. The UK has done quite well so far, but I think this might mess them up. They may have to shake that magical money tree again.

Personally I'm hoping it'll lead to a workers revolution of some sort. There's millions here that are making the same or less than they did 15 years ago.

There's loads of people having to self-isolate. Hundreds of thousands apparently. That's having a huge effect on productivity generally. There was a thing on the radio where some IT firm was paying freelancers three times their normal rate just because they're so short staffed. The UK has done quite well so far, but I think this might mess them up. They may have to shake that magical money tree again.

Personally I'm hoping it'll lead to a workers revolution of some sort. There's millions here that are making the same or less than they did 15 years ago.

I read 1.6 million being told to self isolate. Mad.

re the 5% of cases here being with vaccinated people - i assume they're counting people who have only received one shot of a two shot vaccine in the 'unvaccinated' camp?

I read 1.6 million being told to self isolate. Mad.

It's the telegraph but there are interesting accounts here.

If a single case at Heathrow has resulted in 120 other staff members needing to isolate you'd have to ask serious questions about the distancing procedures put in place by the management.

They seem to be in big trouble over there in terms of the case numbers.

It's the telegraph but there are interesting accounts here.

If a single case at Heathrow has resulted in 120 other staff members needing to isolate you'd have to ask serious questions about the distancing procedures put in place by the management.

They seem to be in big trouble over there in terms of the case numbers.

In fairness people are being told to isolate when someone in the next building who they're never met have tested positive. I'm not sure how you'd mitigate for that though. If you're close enough but there's a huge wall how would the software know about the wall.

re the 5% of cases here being with vaccinated people - i assume they're counting people who have only received one shot of a two shot vaccine in the 'unvaccinated' camp?
not exactly helpful; the headline states the 5% of cases are 'fully vaccinated' but later in the article it states they're 'fully or partly vaccinated'.

cases seem to be roughly doubling there every two weeks, for the last couple of months:
jul 15th: 48.5k
jul 1st: 27.5k
jun 17th: 11k
jun 3rd: 5k
may 20th: 2.8k
This is obviously anecdotal, and exaggerated, but I was talking to a friend of mine over there last week, around 30 I'd say, who told me that "everyone" they know has it at the moment.

So, summer time, with a decent percentage of people vaccinated and we're hitting a 1000 a day?

This day last year we had 14 cases reported...
It's because the messages for months now have been 'We're reopening slowly, outside is grand' which has led to thousands of mostly (but not solely) younger people breathing all over each other for hours in various parks and public spaces whilst drinking cans/pints.

'Outside is okay' = as long as you keep a meter or so apart and don't spit in each others faces
Outside is the same as inside basically = when you spend hours sitting in the middle of a big group of people who are all right beside each other, constantly shouting over each other, and forget all about distancing after a can or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back