Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (9 Viewers)

Dunno about over there, but here you go online, order a pack. Fairly straighforward. Free.

You get seven tests in a pack. It works like a pregnancy test, or so I'm told. Do your tests and if you want you can report the result online.

Anyway, did my first one, I'm negative baby. The sticking a swab up your nose was pretty uncomfortable, but then I am a sissy.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Another victory for the OPEN ALL THE THINGS crowd

70 cases on one construction site.
I was just thinking about this, and I've done a tiny bit of work over the last few months all of which have involved filling in covid "I'm not sick and haven't been sick" declaration forms before arriving on site. It just occurs to me that wouldn't it be great if it was just standard practice for all workplaces everywhere to say to people "If you're feeling remotely sick at all, don't come in to work"?
Even discounting actual serious shit, the amount of flu/cold etc etc that gets spread just through workplaces must be fuckin wild like, imagine if all that went away in the space of a year.

I was just thinking about this, and I've done a tiny bit of work over the last few months all of which have involved filling in covid "I'm not sick and haven't been sick" declaration forms before arriving on site. It just occurs to me that wouldn't it be great if it was just standard practice for all workplaces everywhere to say to people "If you're feeling remotely sick at all, don't come in to work"?
Even discounting actual serious shit, the amount of flu/cold etc etc that gets spread just through workplaces must be fuckin wild like, imagine if all that went away in the space of a year.

workplaces are saying that in a lot of cases but the pricks don't give sick pay. I know on a lot of sites its a no-work/no-pay policy. So no wonder this shit is happening. We can blame opening shit up too soon, but in reality, while there is no incentive for people to stay off when they're sick, this will keep happening

workplaces are saying that in a lot of cases but the pricks don't give sick pay. I know on a lot of sites its a no-work/no-pay policy. So no wonder this shit is happening. We can blame opening shit up too soon, but in reality, while there is no incentive for people to stay off when they're sick, this will keep happening

Even in office enviroments (pre this) you'll often get people turning up unwell, "it's just a cold etc." Workers have had an attitude of "just power through it" drilled in to them.

Also a band

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Even in office enviroments (pre this) you'll often get people turning up unwell, "it's just a cold etc." Workers have had an attitude of "just power through it" drilled in to them.
That's more what I'm talking about alright. Absolutely there are far too many people that won't get any sick pay (tell me about it), but the cunts that would get it and still go in to work...

It reminds me that that I was due to go to a client's place for meeting and collecting books & records, getting print outs etc in the afternoon with the manager . Then at 10am of the day, he phoned to moved the meeting moved to the morning.

After I arrived and was seated, he explained "I have a cold so I want to get the meeting done and go home"

I am (was) very much in the "just power through it" club. But once or twice when my man-flu or just-a-cold was quite bad and I tried to leave I was given very short shrift. Even when I worked in the deli of a supermarket, coughing all over the ham. That seems completely mental now.

Also, I don't get no sick pay, so I can see how people feel compelled to work.

It reminds me that that I was due to go to a client's place for meeting and collecting books & records, getting print outs etc in the afternoon with the manager . Then at 10am of the day, he phoned to moved the meeting moved to the morning.

After I arrived and was seated, he explained "I have a cold so I want to get the meeting done and go home"
I'd have got that meeting done within 5 seconds, by walking right out the door

So India is in serious trouble. Don't suppose it's convinced the anti-maskers that Covid is real and an actual threat, no?

That's from back in October.

Listened to an interview with Chomsky the other day basically saying that if IP restrictions aren't lifted on all of this then it's end of world times with endless variants and no way of stopping them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back