Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (9 Viewers)

I know people in their late 70's who have been vaccinated and a 74 year old I know is getting the
vaccine next week.
is this also other people's experience ? that the HSE are still only doing folks in their mid 70's ?

My mother is 77 and getting her first one tomorrow.

My dad and my gf's mother are both 74, she is getting her's next week and he will get his 2 weeks from today.

hmm, dunno. My mum got her second jab two months ago. In her 60's and a key worker though.

I didn't know that was a thing, I've not seen or heard anything about it.

My bro was telling me the latest shcandal was some doctor gave spare vaccines to teachers at his kids (fee paying) school. Not ideal, but no point letting vaccines go to waste, imho.

The UK method seems to be jab the heck out of everyone and worry about the details later (much like Boris' love life, wahey!!!!). It seems to be working though.

My bro was telling me the latest shcandal was some doctor gave spare vaccines to teachers at his kids (fee paying) school. Not ideal, but no point letting vaccines go to waste, imho
It wouldn't really matter if they were flying through the vaccinations, I reckon - people would still whinge, but queue jumping when the queue is a month long is rather different to when the queue might be 2 years long

hmm, dunno. My mum got her second jab two months ago. In her 60's and a key worker though.

Well,given that part of the agreement for schools opening was making school staff something of a priority,and already they have gone back on that,it probably has nothing to do with being a key worker.

I wonder what they will promise next to get what they want and then go back on when it suits them.

My bro was telling me the latest shcandal was some doctor gave spare vaccines to teachers at his kids (fee paying) school. Not ideal, but no point letting vaccines go to waste, imho.
The optics in this would have been better (and I agree that it's better to not let vaccines spoil) if there hadn't been people on twitter the days after that story broke saying that their elderly mother was literally in the beacon hospital on the day the teachers were getting the injections and she still hadn't got one.

Teachers, and other school staff, probably should be higher up the queue than they have been.

Well,given that part of the agreement for schools opening was making school staff something of a priority,and already they have gone back on that,it probably has nothing to do with being a key worker.

I wonder what they will promise next to get what they want and then go back on when it suits them.
I dunno if I phrased that badly, but my mums not a teacher. Just to be clear.

The vaccine situation in Ireland is abstract for me, but I am interested for obvious reasons. UK people are interested too, since Ireland is the most analogous to here.

I'll be looking at getting jab number one next month, because I'm in cohort 11 (Because my cohort goes to 11). Mad that you guys have stories of higher priority people missing out. I'm intrigued and would like to know more.

As an aside, I found myself in A&E a few months ago, and there was a fierce amount of police coming and going. I assumed they were getting sneaky vaccinations. I have no proof of that. But y'know, I didn't mind that they were.

You phrased it finr,i ead just making the point that they dont give a fuck,and make agreements they eadily break. ( wether or not anyone agrees with school staff being a priority,that is really significant,)

I imagine that the majority of people here will be near the end of the queue for vaccines. I've been mentally penciling in october for some reason for me, I was wondering over the weekend, when do people reckon they might be knocking the masks on the head? This side of new year or in 2022?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back