Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (10 Viewers)

The Big CBD lobby is here to say it still cures everything.

Anyway, any truth to this guys rumour that its all a false flag operation by the communists who run RTE?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You forget how many stupid gobshites there are knocking around the place until you see that video.

i suspect this could be over quicker than that. the number of people who *will* get the jab will probably vastly outweigh any other jabs like the flu, etc. we'll have done all the anti-vax gobshites a favour, who will then use the fact that they didn't get covid as proof they were right.

Naive, yes, but also noble.

Like, if the EU hadn't done that, where would Canada, Mexico, etc be getting vaccines from?
Jesus christ man, the EU could literally bomb ireland and we'd still be giving them a free pass for their good intentions that coincidentally only ever benefit Germany but that's hardly their fault and at least we didn't elect Trump.

I'm at the point where I'm assuming this promised ramp up wont even BEGIN to happen until about October and we'll be crawling along until then, having to discount the current 10% as out of date and no longer effective by then anyway.

Someone talk me off the ledge here

Jesus. Wife and I talking tonight about not sending the kids back this week, and wait til after Easter. This makes me even more uncomfortable...
pinch of salt required, it is twitter. but given the numbers there today would be plausible.

I'm all for me getting the vaccine first, followed by everyone who works and drinks in my local, but teh best worldwide approach is doing the whole planet at the same rate, otherwise you are just setting up incubators for mutation everywhere that doesn't get a supply. The EU approach seems to lean more to that then to the me first at the cost of effectiveness approach. I think around wave 5/vaccine wave 2 this approach will start being the global one.

Department of Ed is based in Tullamore, wonder would this rattle their cages at all
Probably not unless there's definite signs that it's spreading in schools.
Have to say, our school is pretty on top of things when it comes to restrictions and reporting cases. Maybe I'm being naive but I'm not actually too worried about them in the school environment.

I'm all for me getting the vaccine first, followed by everyone who works and drinks in my local, but teh best worldwide approach is doing the whole planet at the same rate, otherwise you are just setting up incubators for mutation everywhere that doesn't get a supply. The EU approach seems to lean more to that then to the me first at the cost of effectiveness approach. I think around wave 5/vaccine wave 2 this approach will start being the global one.

Personally i'd rather be in a country that sees the realpolitik of the situation and actually gets me vaccinated rather than tries rack up virtue points by patronizing the entire planet with utter smugness.

Anyway, once the UK and the USA get to 100% we'll start moving forward so all the deaths up to then are just part of the bloodless, coldly logical "this is the best approach" just as austerity was until it became completely discredited.

Personally i'd rather be in a country that sees the realpolitik of the situation and actually gets me vaccinated rather than tries rack up virtue points by patronizing the entire planet with utter smugness.

Anyway, once the UK and the USA get to 100% we'll start moving forward so all the deaths up to then are just part of the bloodless, coldly logical "this is the best approach" just as austerity was until it became completely discredited.

Yeah but if loads of places are totally left behind then it can mutate and the whole vax project will have been useless to that point. The USA/UK can get to 100% but leaving the rest of the planet to incubate means that is only a short term achievement. I know you want to point out that europe weren't bloody minded enough but I'm only looking at what i see as the likely sequence of events, roughly - UK/US get 100%, other areas go into 4th/5th waves, mutations appear from other regions, 4th wave hits uk/us, global vacc approach discussion is reignited.

Covid vaccines may be an ongoing thing forever anyway. It's frustrating but it seems like it's going reasonably well to me, like, a few months ago we had no vaccines. It was never going to go completely smoothly and squabbling and hoarding was inevitable. Production capacity will improve, the vaccine will be updated for variants, we may need boosters forever, profits will be made. Or am I letting them off too lightly?

Yeah but if loads of places are totally left behind then it can mutate and the whole vax project will have been useless to that point. The USA/UK can get to 100% but leaving the rest of the planet to incubate means that is only a short term achievement. I know you want to point out that europe weren't bloody minded enough but I'm only looking at what i see as the likely sequence of events, roughly - UK/US get 100%, other areas go into 4th/5th waves, mutations appear from other regions, 4th wave hits uk/us, global vacc approach discussion is reignited.
Yeah I don't even disagree tbh. I'm just going a big mad with it all. We'll do as we're told, we'll continue to have breakouts anywhere people (children) congregate that we'll ignore because we're still making decisions based on March 2020 understanding of COVID and QAnon'd brained idiots will protest every other day for the foreseeable future.

Right, time for me to jump off this ledge so.

Covid vaccines may be an ongoing thing forever anyway. It's frustrating but it seems like it's going reasonably well to me, like, a few months ago we had no vaccines. It was never going to go completely smoothly and squabbling and hoarding was inevitable. Production capacity will improve, the vaccine will be updated for variants, we may need boosters forever, profits will be made. Or am I letting them off too lightly?
Just show me the promised ramp up. At the current rate we'll hit 100% in two years, and everything in the news is just delays and less than expected.

The EU should have created the vaccine and given it to people in the EU, not funded the vaccine and then let the market decide

thats what I thought you might have meant alright.

But I strongly disagree.

If the argument is about being virtuous or not, then fair enough, I'm all for being nice to people but I can understand why others wouldn't be.

Given the nature of the virus, I think vaccinating vulnerable people everywhere trumps vaccinating 23 year olds in the southwest of England.

The brits can vaccinate themselves for covid, but vaccinating themselves against being cunts is something they might never achieve (*)

I haven't dug too deeply into social media to find out but I'm kind of curious how the nazi 'Britain-first' cohort are liking the 'Britain-first' vaccination strategy, given most of them are probably anti-vac.

* America too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back