Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (26 Viewers)

You should try the appeasement until he annexes the Sudetengarden, conducts Anschluss with the fence, and invades your driveway with tanks

Ha hillariously theres a strip of my garden that was once part of his site, but the original owners must have agreed to cede this to our house in order to facilitate the building of a workshop at the back sometime in the 60s.

I'm clearly going to have to fortify it. This is my polish corridor.

Is there a law of large numbers element to the British doing their second jabs after 3 months rather than 3 weeks? The reports of good covid resilience after one dose might mean that getting that many people one shot might result in a better outcome than doing it after 3 weeks but obviously reducing the number of people who get the second?

I did see it suggested yesterday that if they hit their plan to open up fully in late June will probably lead to a 4th wave, but it's likely to mostly effect low risk groups as much of the high risk category will have 2 dses by then. That does sound like a chance for new strains to emerge there.

Basically, I dunno.
Their 3 month distance between doses means they can get one dose per person out almost twice as quickly, so they can then claim higher vaccination rates than they actually have. It's a risk that could well pay off because so far the single doses do seem to be relatively effective although there does still need to be a second dose to hit the 94% effectiveness rates.
The 're-opening' shit they're talking is more irresponsible bullshit. They're under pressure over Brexit etc., so the tories want to try and 're-open' before most of Europe so they can have a claim to being better off without the EU. They don't care if it leads to a fourth wave and causes more deaths, they really just don't give a fuck like.
If they do 're-open' everything around the middle of June, there will inevitably be a fourth wave as you say amongst lower risk groups, although it might be less severe if around 50% of the population aren't spreading it anyway. It's surely impossible for them to have vaccinated everybody in the UK by that point, I expect that they're counting on the fact that it will be the middle of Summer so everybody will be outdoors for the most part anyway, and virus transmission is far far lower outside.
Basically it's just the Tories playing more games with lives. The English will still vote them in anyway because the government there is basically elected by right wing media, and enough of the population isn't educated enough to think outside that. You can see the effect it's already had here though, FFG are responding by trying to rush out their own 'living with covid/re-opening' bullshit as if we aren't still getting over 600 cases of it a day with only a very slow decrease in reported cases over the last 2 months.

What's really hilarious is that the European governments now really obviously want to be able to do what New Zealand and Oz and Taiwan etc. have done, which is have most of their stuff open for business, but not a single one of them will admit that they should have taken a more direct and organised approach to get there in the first place. And you won't hear any of the governments pointing out that "Well we're a year behind them in re-opening, but we got there!" instead it will just be "We're delighted to be able to re-open" when they are eventually able to.

Their 3 month distance between doses means they can get one dose per person out almost twice as quickly, so they can then claim higher vaccination rates than they actually have. It's a risk that could well pay off because so far the single doses do seem to be relatively effective although there does still need to be a second dose to hit the 94% effectiveness rates.
The 're-opening' shit they're talking is more irresponsible bullshit. They're under pressure over Brexit etc., so the tories want to try and 're-open' before most of Europe so they can have a claim to being better off without the EU. They don't care if it leads to a fourth wave and causes more deaths, they really just don't give a fuck like.
If they do 're-open' everything around the middle of June, there will inevitably be a fourth wave as you say amongst lower risk groups, although it might be less severe if around 50% of the population aren't spreading it anyway. It's surely impossible for them to have vaccinated everybody in the UK by that point, I expect that they're counting on the fact that it will be the middle of Summer so everybody will be outdoors for the most part anyway, and virus transmission is far far lower outside.
Basically it's just the Tories playing more games with lives. The English will still vote them in anyway because the government there is basically elected by right wing media, and enough of the population isn't educated enough to think outside that. You can see the effect it's already had here though, FFG are responding by trying to rush out their own 'living with covid/re-opening' bullshit as if we aren't still getting over 600 cases of it a day with only a very slow decrease in reported cases over the last 2 months.
this is it exactly. They gambled on herd immunity. It backfired. People started dying in droves but it seemed not to matter because they control the media and hardly anyone noticed.

they gambled big-time on the vaccines too. They indemnified all of the drugs companies on behalf of the entire population of the country, and were thus able to physically secure boatloads of vaccines before they were approved.

They started rolling them out unsure whether they'd work or not. Again, another gamble. But they've spun this so well that the optics are making them look really good. Even though the truth is that they've fully vaccinated proportionately less than a lot of european countries. No one challenges them because they own the media.

Then they ban all talk on brexit so all the focus is on the vaccine rollout and how they're hammering on to the end of this thing.

There is a, clearly, orchestrated plan within the Tory party to get a handful of MPs to 'demand' an immediate end to restrictions. This was always bollox and only done so as Boris could be seen to be being considerate, when the truth us he's a fuckin calculating cretin.

But on the back of all the good press by the media they own about the vaccines, everyone is now mad for getting to the pub, and conveniently ignores the fact that they have one of the world's highest covid death rates, and are likely to cost 10s of thousands more lives with their early re-opening plan.

Its gas craic really. Their popularity will continue to rise because of how well they orchestrate the optics of their cretinous decisions. Shur whats another 40,000 dead people if they're all old. Fuck them. The pub and votes are more important.

Brits truly are a race of thicks.

it reminds me of that 'we only have to get lucky once' thatcher/IRA quip.
if the UK govt gets lucky once, they position themselves as winners. the EU has to be lucky all the time.

I don't know if 'ban' is the right word, but I just went on the BBC site and looked at their UK news, and from what I see there's not a single Brexit-related article, but there's a fuckload of 'when can we do stuff again' articles.
The UK touring industry is actually going mental at the government over Brexit, and the domestic music industry is also going nuts at the complete lack of support they've been getting during the pandemic, no mention of it.

I don't know if 'ban' is the right word, but I just went on the BBC site and looked at their UK news, and from what I see there's not a single Brexit-related article, but there's a fuckload of 'when can we do stuff again' articles.
The UK touring industry is actually going mental at the government over Brexit, and the domestic music industry is also going nuts at the complete lack of support they've been getting during the pandemic, no mention of it.

maybe look in the brexit section?

so, we may or may not have a nasty new variant.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wait, did they really ban Brexit talk? I assumed it was a glib comment above but it appears to be repeated as a serious thing.
a motion was passed in parliament the other ban preventing any brexit related questions during their PM question time.

Kier Starmer said he wouldn't challenge this because it might alienate some labour Brexit pricks.

Then Starmer refused to call on Hancock to resign even though he clearly broke the law by awarding a contract to his mate for PPE that turned out to be faulty.

He's like Mr Bean without any of the charisma.

Yeah I was following that story a bit, great guy, great guy . He's hired Peter Mandelson as well? Going back to the glory days of declaring war on Iraq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back