Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (3 Viewers)

riath

Supporter
Threads
So weโ€™re closed for at least another 3 weeks.
Effectively weโ€™re opening around the same time the schools do? How does that make sense.
Pubs should open 3 weeks before or after the schools to get a gauge of how things stand and not have everything start within the same 2 week incubation period.

IFF

Supporter
Threads
So weโ€™re closed for at least another 3 weeks.
Effectively weโ€™re opening around the same time the schools do? How does that make sense.
Pubs should open 3 weeks before or after the schools to get a gauge of how things stand and not have everything start within the same 2 week incubation period.
That is a very good point

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Threads
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
I'm not sure what use the check-in feature has really, other than maybe it keeps it active in your mind and you might send it to someone else.

Still nice to get a positive affirmation from it every morning 8)

I did totally freak out the first time I got the weekly notification on my phone from the Covid app, WHY THE FUCK IS THE APP SENDING ME A NOTIFICATION WHERE'S THE AMBULANCE?!!?!

error type 11

Supporter
Threads
Website
www.fnarr.net
174 new cases today. JAYSUS.
It looks like the genie is out of the bottle again in those affected counties at least. The daily numbers could be in the 100+ range for a while if there has been community transmission up there and leaking from there into adjoining counties and further afield.

The mask compliance is suddenly through the roof down here in Cork. I went to a SuperValu last night and it was 100% compliance from 25-30 staff and shoppers on the floor of the store. 2 weeks ago it wouldnt have been 50% or 25% a month ago. There was nights I was in my local Tesco a few weeks ago and I was the only langer wearing a mask.

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Threads
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
The 174 sounds dramatic, and they've occurred in seriously shitty circumstances, but it does sound like the contact tracing is working brilliantly, and those outbreaks will hopefully be contained.

It's the community transmission elsewhere that you need to keep an eye on, and those numbers are still, thankfully, relatively low.

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Max compliance around here is still mixed, both in terms of staff and customers, though it seems 95% on buses now. The odd hard lad not bothering.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

We're listening to...

• Happy Birthday
    Mars in Virgo
    Sneaks
    Happy Birthday

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads