Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (9 Viewers)

Read a worrying report just now. R is between 1.2 and 1.8 again and we could be a few weeks away from triple digit new daily cases.

I think it'd be hard to get the public to be as compliant in a second lockdown.

Also this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yup results were made up by the teachers in May and are not to reflect any work they’ve done since mid March. Then they go to the principal for review and are submitted to the department.
As far as I know it’s still done on a curve, which is shit.
I crammed in the last two weeks and most of my teachers were surprised that I managed to pass, so I’d have been screwed.

Yup results were made up by the teachers in May and are not to reflect any work they’ve done since mid March. Then they go to the principal for review and are submitted to the department.
I crammed in the last two weeks and most of my teachers were surprised that I managed to pass, so I’d have been screwed.

Weak.

I wonder does that mean there'll be exactly one generation of people who don't dream "ok, this is maths, I've got this, this is fine. Maths is fine."
And then turn over their paper and it's 20 pages of classical sheet music, and at that moment they realised they'd completely forgot to cover the classical sheet music part of the maths curriculum. And now they're completely fucked.

And wake up suddenly.

Weak.

I wonder does that mean there'll be exactly one generation of people who don't dream "ok, this is maths, I've got this, this is fine. Maths is fine."
And then turn over their paper and it's 20 pages of classical sheet music, and at that moment they realised they'd completely forgot to cover the classical sheet music part of the maths curriculum. And now they're completely fucked.

And wake up suddenly.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

there seems to be a narrative emerging of 'it turns out house parties are the problem, so why are we punishing pubs?'

are pubs not just house parties in someone else's gaff, except they've got *shitloads* of alcohol available?

No lack of alcohol in any decent house party but yeah i'd say you're correct. People wanna hang out and get drunk, don't know what to tell you.

Places like the bandstand in the Phoenix Park.
The Middle Ages played on a small (quite big actually) trailer in a park and it was fucking class.

Wild Rocket played the bandstand in Phoenix Park and it was a good time. Would love to play the bandstand in Bushie Park some time.

Weak.

And wake up suddenly.

It's only in the last few years that I haven't woken up in June at least once in a panick about not having done any revision for the leaving.

Yeah that's rotten. I did far better in my Leaving that any prior test because I crammed. Lots of people would be similar.

As someone who essentially was raised by a large tribe of teachers I would point out that A: A lot of teachers never break charachter and B: they actually do see you as humans.

What i'm trying to get across is that a teacher is never going to tell you 'oh I took one look at you and knew you were gonna do a 20 hour graft the week of the exam' because they have to go back and drag another busload through another 3 semesters in a fortnights time and they cant have that info on the schoolyard. So what a teacher says to you, outside school,. after the leaving, 20 years later is still in leaving cert voice. They'll have watched you turn from a kid into a YA and have possibly have a better take on how you interact with earth than your parents do
I've seen this 100s of times as my extended family are acting like they normally do and then ex student/current student crosses path and they just shape shift into work mode immediatley.
So when teacher says they were surprised you even showed up, they are actually probably trying to mix compliment with a complete lack of surprise.
I also am well aware that people tend to hang on tight to the teen perception of school rather than looking at it like a bunch of people in a room trying to do work - you'll see this on twitter when people talk about school like the teachers JUST DONT UNDERSTAND HOW COULD THY OMG UILL BE IN MY ROOM SHUTUP *door slams*.

TLDR: I don't think the crammers are fucked because teacher probably had you sussed two weeks into S1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back