Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (1 Viewer)

ann post

Supporter
Threads
Have you met musicians :p

I went to a lot gigs sober, i don't mind it, but i do love getting a bit mouldy and experiencing some little trip into someones world while my inhibitions fall away.

Cormcolash

Threads
Website
geocities.com
Not quite to point 1, definitely to point 2, haha

Loads of people sat around drinking booze on the street outside, and there were no more gigs at the hall (although I hadn't been planning to do any more, it was a one-off really haha)

xsteox

Threads
but how though ?
someone out there must have tried to do this - how did it work out ?
was it a struggle to even find a suitable hall ?
i'd imagine this must very hard or else it would be happening.

most venues get a huge chunk of revenue though booze unfortunately.
apart from Jigsaw everywhere else i go to gigs is heavily alcohol orientated.
in certain places (Phibsborough) pubs don't even serve orange juice !
Sfx had no bar. Granted this was twenty years ago, but it can be done.

rettucs

Supporter
Threads
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
I brought a girl on a date to a gig a few years back in the Academy 2. When we got there we found out it was an 'all-ages' gig and no alcohol was being served (I don't drink anyway, but she did). The average age of the revellers was about 15 and it was a little embarrassing. We stood down the back with the parents, and we were still the oldest there.

egg_

Staff member
Supporter
Since 1999
Threads
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
I brought a girl on a date to a gig a few years back in the Academy 2. When we got there we found out it was an 'all-ages' gig and no alcohol was being served (I don't drink anyway, but she did). The average age of the revellers was about 15 and it was a little embarrassing. We stood down the back with the parents, and we were still the oldest there.
Me and Mrs. egg_ went to see Galantis in the Olympia 2 years ago, and we were probably 30 years older than the median punter. The only other people near our age were a few Dads keeping an eye on their daughters, and a couple in their 40s off their heads gazing into one another's eyes. On the way out the kids were like "gotta run for the last bus cos I've double geography in the morning"

Galantis were fairly shit, fwiw.

Cormcolash

Threads
Website
geocities.com
Was it a good gig though

_Katie_

Threads
Me and Mrs. egg_ went to see Galantis in the Olympia 2 years ago, and we were probably 30 years older than the median punter. The only other people near our age were a few Dads keeping an eye on their daughters, and a couple in their 40s off their heads gazing into one another's eyes. On the way out the kids were like "gotta run for the last bus cos I've double geography in the morning"

Galantis were fairly shit, fwiw.
Just reading this is making me want to drink heavily.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads