Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (8 Viewers)

One of the 'national' papers in Ireland spat out some article about cleaners that I assume was written on commission to soak up some of the ad revenue that was going to abroad with the whole cleaner/class war on twitter, but mostly I cant get past the idea that anyone living in dublin could afford a cleaner on a journo wage. we clearly were setting up for a another recission outside the pandemic lark.

we get a cleaner in once a week. we pay 15 quid an hour, for 2 hours work (even though she asked for less).

For us it's not a matter of having spare cash so why not splash on a cleaner. For us, we're paying it to get those couple of hours back. It takes a bit of stress out of having to clean, we're helping someone by giving them the extra few bob (she has 3 cleaning gigs on the go), and the time we save is spent doing other shit, rather than sitting on our holes. The 30 quid a week a good investment, all these things considered.

she hasn't been here since the lockdown. If she's comfortable to return for the next phase of reopening, then we're all for it. If not, so be it. Certainly wouldn't be putting her under any pressure to return if she didn't want to.

we get a cleaner in once a week. we pay 15 quid an hour, for 2 hours work (even though she asked for less).

For us it's not a matter of having spare cash so why not splash on a cleaner. For us, we're paying it to get those couple of hours back. It takes a bit of stress out of having to clean, we're helping someone by giving them the extra few bob (she has 3 cleaning gigs on the go), and the time we save is spent doing other shit, rather than sitting on our holes. The 30 quid a week a good investment, all these things considered.

she hasn't been here since the lockdown. If she's comfortable to return for the next phase of reopening, then we're all for it. If not, so be it. Certainly wouldn't be putting her under any pressure to return if she didn't want to.

YEs but where is your lifestyle article about not having cleaned ever before and finding it cathartic?

The in-laws in Spain have had their cleaner ask them for her to be able to come back as she's really struggling for cash. We're telling them to just pay the money but it's that old mentality kicking in of why would you pay for a service and not get it (even if you can afford it and don't really need it)! Plus she might not be comfortable with 'charity' either.

If I had a cleaner I'd have to clean up before they* came out of embarrassment.

Anyway, just back from the big shop in Aldi, people are definitely getting sloppy. Far fewer face covering and I was about to turn around and shout at someone who I'd seen be dumb in the aisles for crowding me in the checkout but the cashier called me on just in time.

* I expect internet points for not assuming that my theoretical cleaner would be a woman.

The in-laws in Spain have had their cleaner ask them for her to be able to come back as she's really struggling for cash. We're telling them to just pay the money but it's that old mentality kicking in of why would you pay for a service and not get it (even if you can afford it and don't really need it)! Plus she might not be comfortable with 'charity' either.

Just tell them to let her in to clean as long as she wears a mask and gloves

I once read an article about a woman who worked as a naked cleaner. The main things about it I remember were a) she got paid well and b) nobody ever propositioned her sexually
I knew a bloke that did the same thing. Easy money if youse comfortable with nudity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back