Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (14 Viewers)

Read some 'article' earlier saying that we've been misunderstanding it based on early misdiagnoses or something and that the corona was more of a thrombosis thing best treated with anti-inflammatories rather than ICU methods based on the findings of postmortems in Italy.
Said 'article' was on some bullshit page though "The NHS is lying to us!" or some crap like that, so just assuming it's another bullshit clickbait thing for the minute.

They have a small box of masks for 15 euro and a larger one for 50 in the Euro saver shops.

They have a small box of masks for 15 euro and a larger one for 50 in the Euro saver shops.

But I have to go to the shop to buy one.

giphy.gif

Defo gonna be getting a few though, as single man, every clothing decision could be fatal.

I have been yeah. I have some of the surgical ones now, but earlier iterations involved bandanas and dust masks for sanding and the like. Dust masks are a total pain in the hole - I was in Aldi and whenever I exhaled two jets of air would shoot out of the mask up the sides of my nose and fog up my reading glasses, so I'd have put my shopping list into my pocket, take off the glasses, wipe them in my jacket, put them back on, retrieve the list, scan through it to see what I was missing, then I'd breathe out again without realising it and have to start the whole process again. Aargh

Aren't there people making them at home? My FB feed is full of people homemaking masks. The missus got a branded one from her work, but homemade by her bosses mate. Is that not a thing in Ireland?

I don't have a mask and I don't really want a shitty plastic one, I'd like a decent cloth one or something but where to get one

The cycling scarves are essentially identical to the sleeve of a t-shirt. Old tee and scissors so long as you can get your head into the sleeve. The type of fabric t-shorts are made of sorta naturally hem.

Knew that sewing course I did last year was the most important thing ever.

I got a bunch from a guy on Facebook, and they're terrific.

It was a tenner for an adult mask and 8 for a childs. Think he's a two week waiting list now, so worth getting your order in (you just pm him via the site).

Saw another crowd were doing them in tandem with direct provision, if you buy one for yourself, they donate, I think, should be a google away

i have a cycling smog mask, but it makes conversation very difficult.
happy to comply if it makes other people more comfortable, but can't help but wonder that if transmission was a significant factor in the circumstances we're talking about, and that smog masks would prevent, surely every shop assistant in the country would have had this by now?
or a corollary; how did we get the daily new incidents down to double figures *without* them?
granted, i know face to face interactions are going to go up significantly now, with several types of retail store being allowed open.

I don't have a mask and I don't really want a shitty plastic one, I'd like a decent cloth one or something but where to get one

You can easily make one out of a sock.

I've been wearing one if I'm in the shop or going to be in contact with people where I'm not in a position to control the distancing. But if I'm strolling around I keep it in my poacket.

happy to comply if it makes other people more comfortable, but can't help but wonder that if transmission was a significant factor in the circumstances we're talking about, and that smog masks would prevent, surely every shop assistant in the country would have had this by now?

I suspect there is a lot of 'here is science vs. shutup money brrrrrr' type stuff going on. You cant expect sean from kilkee whos summer job just because a 12 hour daily shift because the rest of the staff are old to be up to speed on the science of the rona.

This is a nicely simplified read on transmission, time, all that jazz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back