Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (11 Viewers)

I'd choose option 2 and pick a course without huge numbers and lecturers whose intent is to get rid of you.

Or better still go the UK and get a proper education in less years.

Yeah? Interesting. Like, it's not the lecturer's intent to get rid of you. They aren't out to get you, they are there to help you. And there's not zero help either, but any help would most likely come from a post-doc, not the lecturer.

But, like you're saying, if there's 500 kids vs 100 kids, the level in help is different.

I'd take the given a chance and have to either be exceptionally good or work really hard option. I'd be curious how the majority of the kids about to sit their LC think. The problem is: they don't know how hard it's potentially going to be.

I dunno about the UK being fundamentally better though. I didn't go to college in the UK though. I can say the US undergrad system is fundamentally worse than Ireland when I was there (in almost all cases - if you're studing undergrad computer science at MIT it's quite good, usually it's not though). The postgrad system for the sciences seems better in the US though.

An old friend has gone complete conspiracy nut and just retweeted this. Imagine being so distrustful of and disillusioned with politics and government that you start believing this stuff. So sad.
IMG_8760.JPG

An old friend has gone complete conspiracy nut and just retweeted this. Imagine being so distrustful of and disillusioned with politics and government that you start believing this stuff. So sad.
View attachment 13936
The correlation white people find in having to be in lockdown to the plight of slavery says it all really, sweet Jesus. (Assuming your pal is white if not, I still think its extremely dodgy.)

How is everyone getting on there? I hope everyone is healthy and hanging in there.

My landlady has sent the gardeners to do the grass - on one hand I'm delighted as grass badly needed cutting but on the other hand I'm worried she'll start sending builders etc... Though really I'm not as stressed as I was, its more just a bit weird now that things are starting to lift, people are getting more lax. It feels like the threat is rising again to be exposed to the virus. Not much we can do I suppose. I feel so sorry for everyone in countries where the government are just blatantly taking the piss. If I was living in the UK I think I'd be having a nervous breakdown.

It feels like the threat is rising again to be exposed to the virus.

It definitely is I reckon, all the last week anytime I go out for a walk or a run I just see crowds of people swarming all over each other in the park. Supermarket has gotten more lax too, the staff are grand but we're back to people breathing down your neck when you're just trying to put a few bananas in a bag instead of giving you a bit of space.
All these 'easing of lockdown measures' around Europe are just going to lead to another full on wave of total shite, Germany's already starting to see it by the looks of things. I can't understand why we can't just have another 6 weeks of full on stay the fuck in your house measures and make sure we deal with the thing properly first time round, instead of easing up too early and just getting fuckin hit again.
Then again, I can't understand why we didn't just new zealand things back in February.

I'm wondering how possible it'd be to coerce everyone to stay indoors for six more weeks.

And even if they did? then what? Even South Korea hasn't been able to handle reopening without it all going to crap:

Well UTM went to stand outside the house of my cousin (who is in 70's with one lung) and have a chat and the local bible basher was already there, in the house talking shit about how this is some act of god because we are sinful or whatever. What a fucking tool. Also my cousin really shouldnt be letting people in the door. Meanwhile obvs nobody is putting their salthil beach pics on insta because obvs they'lll get a bollicking rather than a bunch of likes, but by all accounts its pretty busy down there. I'm of the opinion it'll take a spike of grimness for any of the may18th stuff to happen at all and fairly enough, people haven't really accepted that their old lifestyle is basically gone and its time to start understanding the one we have now.

I think this is it. "Normal" life can't really resume until there's a vaccine, but I think how much of a bollocking the economy is getting is urging EU to lift the lockdown. I don't see it going well. I feel unbelievably privileged to be able to work from home, let alone have a job. If this had happened a few years ago I would be utterly destitute and in an awful way and probably back to work in unsafe conditions.

I'm wondering how possible it'd be to coerce everyone to stay indoors for six more weeks.

And even if they did? then what? Even South Korea hasn't been able to handle reopening without it all going to crap:

6 weeks was just a figure that seemed like it might have some positive effect, I'm up for 6 months like

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back