Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (2 Viewers)

ann post

Supporter
Threads
I'm jealous! I'd feel a lot more peace of mind at home. No chance of that here. People come into work here sick; its that old school pride thing. I'll infect everyone else so I look like a good employee.

plague monkey
Term for any person with a communicable disease/virus that willingly goes out in public, hangs with friends and spreads their sickness to the people around them.
Origins of the term come from the movie "Outbreak"
Bob knew he had the flu when he decided to go to the bar. He's such a dirty plague monkey.

jonah

Threads
All international travel cancelled in here in Amatron. I'm off to Glasgow on Thursday for ~pleasure~, hopefully it'll be plain sailing travelling!

_Katie_

Threads
Looks like St Patrick's parade is going ahead. Unbelievable. Leo would prefer to have us infected than lose tourism income. When it was foot and mouth it was a different story.

Meanwhile, UK trying to *actually* contain the virus by letting the public know what to expect if they go off sick and advising people to get food in and canceling public events.

jonah

Threads
Have people travelled much over the last days? I'm (probably unnecessarily) worried about flying tomorrow even though I know I'm more likely to catch covid on a Dublin bus than in the plane to glasgow 😂

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
Have people travelled much over the last days? I'm (probably unnecessarily) worried about flying tomorrow even though I know I'm more likely to catch covid on a Dublin bus than in the plane to glasgow 😂
yeah. definite increase in the number of posters on airport walls, but that's the only change i noticed.

Bernie Lomax

Threads
My plane back from Germany was empty. This was Düsseldorf to Heathrow midweek early evening flight. Less than 50 people on it.

D4ACCE57-3DE5-4992-9D84-FC5D95B3004A.jpeg

jonah

Threads
Wow that's mad! I'd presume Dublin airport will be crickets at 6am so

Bernie Lomax

Threads
yeah. definite increase in the number of posters on airport walls, but that's the only change i noticed.
Yeah couldn’t see anything other than posters in LCY and Heathrow. No screening, very little staff wearing masks and gloves etc. Business as usual really.

Shook hands with a bunch of people in Germany and borrowed a lighter twice. I’ll be dead in a week, won’t I?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads