Corona Lifestyles - the new daily routine thread. (1 Viewer)

Right. Fuck it. I'm adding minimally one 5k run per day into the routine.

I haven't run in... several... decades pretty much. So we'll see.

The runs will continue until moral improves.

OK. 2 runs in, legs are feeling nice and sore now.

I'm adding a prolonged cold shower to the routine. I've been getting out into the sun first thing when I wake up, and relaxing slightly on the booze.

I'm just going to keep piling shit into the daily routine until my mind relents and gives up trying to harsh my buzz.

I can recommend the cold shower, I'd forgotten about that trick. You have to stay in the cold shower until the wobbly feinting feeling stops and you can see properly again, and the cold water starts feeling warm. And it has to be every day.

Bring it. There's no way any part of this can backfire.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I saw a couple of these guys play, about a year ago, quite randomly in the local Irish pub that doesn't actually do gigs, doing an acoustic gig. The place was never so packed. The aul lads in the corner didn't know what to make of it all at all at all.

It was a great night. Don't know them really, but I think they're local. Good players. There was a lot of love from the crowd.

I don't have that much in the way of a routine. Never Really did before this anyway because of the way my wife worked.
I haven't really fallen into any bad sleeping patterns because my kids are pretty young and I'm still working.
Having said that, there are a few things I'm trying to do or stick by:
Ring my parents once a day
Try and do some exercise at some point in the day (alternating between kettle bells and running)
No alcohol on weekdays
Turning my work phone and laptop off every evening and over weekends.

Apart from that, anything goes.

Sure why not. This Music Must Destroy my general boredom.

Theres only one lp by The Ruts then a collection of singles etc. First Ruts DC lp follows on well (after the singer died) then they go more reggae. Recent stuff is good but not like the early stuff with the original line up.

My routine is approximately -
Monday to Friday

8.30 or 9, get up, make sure my ma is ok, remind her her carer is due to come in.
Clock in for work before 10.
Conference call at 10.
Some mornings another at 11.
Work on and off across the day until 6 or 7 maybe later, depending on how busy I am and what time I commenced.

Sometimes I cook dinner, other times my ma does.

Between 5 and 10pm (some nights later) I go for a walk and incorporate any food shopping needed. I walk minimum 1.5 km a day when I leave the house but a few days I haven't felt like leaving. I've made a concerted effort to up my step count, some days I manage 5, 6, 7 or even 8 km.

From 10 or 11 on I clean the flat, decontaminating all touch points I can think of, mop floors, hoover if needed, put out bins, put on washes or dryer etc. Lock up.

Watch TV or read shite online or listen to music until 2am at the earliest most nights, often way later.

Weekends I stay up mad late and sleep for most of the day on Saturday but try to have a relatively "normal" Sunday, and do a more substantial clean on Sunday evening.

I've also added a Couch to 5K "run" to my morning routine. When I mentioned I was thinking of running everyone reacted with horror" at your age? In your condition? With your fat arse?"

So I'm taking it really, really easy. I'm lucky that there is a designated walking route near me that is pretty much perfect for the circuit.

Been trying to get out on the bike most days recently. That's commuting on the hybrid lump and then a bit or road biking later on. It's working. I'm feeling better and sleeping well.

I've also added a Couch to 5K "run" to my morning routine. When I mentioned I was thinking of running everyone reacted with horror" at your age? In your condition? With your fat arse?"

So I'm taking it really, really easy. I'm lucky that there is a designated walking route near me that is pretty much perfect for the circuit.

You can do it. You make "gains" quicker than it feels possible. I've been knocked back about halfway so starting training properly again today.

i have a roughly 8km loop that i try to get out everyday to cycle twice. there's a gentle enough hill (from the church in glasnevin, up ballygall/beneavin road) that i try to banjax myself on to make the most of the 35 or 40 minute cycle.

I was doing a lunchtime yoga/weights session but started getting bored with that. Have been going on 15-20km hikes every weekend up the mountains (living at the foothills). Now getting out every morning at 7am for a 10 mile cycle up them. Just up one climb (stocking lane, if youse know that one), then back down the other side. Its very steep so it takes it out of you. Looking forward to doing a bit more before work when the mornings heat up, and the 2km is extended. If it was pushed out to 10km that opens up a huge amount of shortish routes.

Am no grass but i’d have thought if you’re doing 10miles on a winding road that falls completely within 2km of your house on a map because of elevation changes you’re honouring the letter not the spirit of the rules.

8am: Wake up but stay in bed.
8am-10am: Cuddle with dog listening to music wondering how long I can stay in bed before he needs to pee.
10am: Take dog outside and feed him.
10am-11am: Feed myself and look at news cycle.
11am-12pm: Watch an episode of something & chat with Riath during her break.
12pm-1pm: On a good day shower on a bad day think about how my possible future has been fucked while playing 2dots.
1pm-2pm: Dog walk with Riath on her lunch break.
2pm-5pm: Changes daily based on mood: TV, book, dots, music, long walk, shopping & general house keeping.
5pm-6pm: Cook dinner.
6pm-7pm: Dinner with Riath and and her daughter.
7pm-10pm: Dog walk, TV and chats with Riath, Dog walk.
10pm-3am: News, TV, Music, Chats with people back home, eat loads of junk food & general ennui.

In fairness, my schedule hasn't changed apart from 7pm-3am.
I now enjoy those hours a bit more.

Last edited:
Am no grass but i’d have thought if you’re doing 10miles on a winding road that falls completely within 2km of your house on a map because of elevation changes you’re honouring the letter not the spirit of the rules.

I thought they were guidelines not rules? Also the website set up to so you the 2km is pretty clear on where you're allowed go either way isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back