Conor McGregor (1 Viewer)

Do you need to channel the spirit of a fighting dude to go for a stationary cycle? Really?

Now it's my head that's "spinning". HEY-OOOOOOOOOH

Apparently that's what they do in these classes, loads of bullshit to make you feel like an athlete who does an hour indoors instead of going out in the elements and actually working really hard to go up a hill. I haven't been back, I was giving it a go to see was it worthwhile as a backup for when I can't get out on the road. It's not really.

Apparently that's what they do in these classes, loads of bullshit to make you feel like an athlete who does an hour indoors instead of going out in the elements and actually working really hard to go up a hill. I haven't been back, I was giving it a go to see was it worthwhile as a backup for when I can't get out on the road. It's not really.
I'd probably need a bit of that in the gym. Generally if something is hard to do, I can't be bothered. But if I had a lithe, ripped young thing there telling me I was a "tiger" or something. Well, that could be the difference.

I've never been to the gym. I keep thinking I should go, but then I think, I'd probably do me back or shit myself. And young people intimidate me now. Is there a fat old cunts gym I could frequent. Heterosexual, ideally, but I'm open to new things.

there's free outdoor fitness equipment along the seafront at sandymount

if you went in the dead of night, no-one would witness your shame

I've never been to the gym. I keep thinking I should go, but then I think, I'd probably do me back or shit myself. And young people intimidate me now. Is there a fat old cunts gym I could frequent. Heterosexual, ideally, but I'm open to new things.

I had to go to one last year for a few months for physio. i'm a person who would happily never had walked into one in my life. it was a combination of three types of people. sports folks who were there to maintain themselves. they generally work in packs and keep to themselves. there were the vain types then, male ones generally have thier own little compound where they flex and spot for each other and grunt a fair bit, the female ones do a load of stretching and generally hung out near those inflatable ball things. then there were the completely unfit people like me with a really low set of targets. there was loads of us of all shapes and sizes and everyone just sort of lets everyone get on with it. It was a much less intimidating place than i expected. in the resistance area (bikes, step machines, rowing) everyone is sort of equal. apart from the asian lad who looked like he was training to fight with bruce lee.

there's free outdoor fitness equipment along the seafront at sandymount

if you went in the dead of night, no-one would witness your shame
I've seen those things, they're weird. And the people that use them during daylight hours, grunting for all like rutting wildebeest. No shame, these people. In the rain and everything, like 9 1/2 Weeks for people who love themselves. It freaks me out.

But yeah, middle of the night might work.

I had to go to one last year for a few months for physio. i'm a person who would happily never had walked into one in my life. it was a combination of three types of people. sports folks who were there to maintain themselves. they generally work in packs and keep to themselves. there were the vain types then, male ones generally have thier own little compound where they flex and spot for each other and grunt a fair bit, the female ones do a load of stretching and generally hung out near those inflatable ball things. then there were the completely unfit people like me with a really low set of targets. there was loads of us of all shapes and sizes and everyone just sort of lets everyone get on with it. It was a much less intimidating place than i expected. in the resistance area (bikes, step machines, rowing) everyone is sort of equal. apart from the asian lad who looked like he was training to fight with bruce lee.
My ego will make me lift some heavy shit. And then I'll slouch out of there with arms stretched past me knees.

There's a YMCA around the corner that only charges 5 blips a session. Sure...what's the worst that can happen. I mean, shitting yourself, obviously, but if I forgo the pre-gym vindaloo, I might just make it.

Christ almighty

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What's the deal with his accent anyway, it's a bit all over the shop. Not knockin' it, just curious

edit: actually just watched a few more interviews, it's a little like an uncle of mine - got a weird flatness to it. INTERESTING

Last edited:
One thing the article doesn't make clear is that Aldo usually has a very hard time making the weight limit. If he can't train or exercise because of injury, there's no way he could even make the weight so it's not just as simple as he's injured and won't fight.

UFC reportedly offered him a huge bonus to do the fight hurt and he'd be guaranteed a rematch. I've seen it reported that Aldo was likely to make almost as money for this fight than he's made combined for all his other fights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back