Conflict + Subhumans (more tbc). saturday May 11 Button Factory (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 81
  • Views 13K
  • Watchers 7
well they turned up and played at another winter of discontent last night, and were meant to have been excellent, and a far cry from the rebellion disaster gig last year

Looking forward to this now! They are totally reliable these days. The reputation for not arriving to gigs is unfounded to be honest. People used to book a hall, invite the band and assume they would travel across the country for free and then moan when they didn't arrive to a gig they hadn't even agreed to do. The set they did at rebellion was actually very good, nice cross section of the best of their material. Rest of line up to be announced soon. Button factory is the best venue for this by far, pity it can't be a late night, but an early start is a winner!!!

I'm sure I'll be on my own on this,but the Button Factory is just too "nice" or something. I honestly liked it more as TBMC.

Really looking forward to this, seen some video's from another winter of discontent, they sound great.
Gary your not on your own not a fan of the new button factory was better as the tbmc but then again that could just be nostalgia swinging it for me, nobody likes change.

yes.....
Kinda thinkin of coming home for this gig! ought happenin the friday night?
we have the east town pirates playing in Sweeneys (upstairs) with Destroy DC (conflict offshoot band), Corrosive machine s album launch and padlock to finish out the night. 8.30pm onwards, FREE ADM

482696_10151511953049470_1609755094_n.jpg

Saw the mob play the other night, they were amazing, highly recommended.

Section 4 lads have a gig on in thomas house on the friday too micky

Looking forward to this now! They are totally reliable these days. The reputation for not arriving to gigs is unfounded to be honest. People used to book a hall, invite the band and assume they would travel across the country for free and then moan when they didn't arrive to a gig they hadn't even agreed to do. The set they did at rebellion was actually very good, nice cross section of the best of their material. Rest of line up to be announced soon. Button factory is the best venue for this by far, pity it can't be a late night, but an early start is a winner!!!
It's not unfounded it did happen. What you say did happen also, undoubtedly. Equally there where solid booked gigs where they did not turn up,I can't remember off top my head & I am talking of Northern England gigs mid-late 8o's even early 90's,but I will get details from someone with more memory intact than I (too much cider & glue).
Even "rebellion" festival when it was in Morecambe & called "wasted" they were billed for that & never showed - that's hardly the same as someone booking a hall & assuming the band will travel & play for free, correct me if I'm wrong,but that fest seems like the type of event where "contracts" would be used between artists & organisers
Anyways I'm sure Conflict will play a smashing set, as will Subhumans (missed them last time,so looking forward to see them) & whoever else is playing.
As it's an alldayer, will there be passes out of the venue does anybody know?

Jasper, I'd say there will definately be passes out. And yes you are right about the wasted festival in Morecombe..again, a long time ago! Will be an interesting day I reckon, I'd be a lot ahppier with more local bands on the bill to be honest, we are the token irish band! But I believe theres an aftershow being organised and at least SFU will be playing at that..details to follow

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back