Comprehensive list of things you didn't know you could do on thumped.com (1 Viewer)

11. You can quickly find all of your posts in a thread by clicking on any thread icon that has your avatar superimposed (11(b) - This signifies you've posted in said thread) to perform a quick search.

i like the new notifications

thanks pete

Thumbs-up.gif

12. Email subscriptions

There is a link at the bottom of the page called 'Email Subscription' which allows you to sign up for an automatic daily digest mail of any new threads created in the previous 24 hours.

13. Thread Strands

Ok this is a tricky one to explain. errmmm... let's say you've a long thread on a certain topic, but it contains separate conversations with a lot of quoting going on - if you click the 'Strand' link in one of those conversational threads it'll display all the quoted posts that have led to that post.

Maybe the person who made the addon describes it better?

Strands are created automatically when members quote each others posts. Only the first quote in a post is taken into consideration.

For example, the opening poster is quoted by the second and third post. The fourth post then starts a new sub-discussion and is quoted by the fifth and sixth post. The seventh post quotes the third post and the eighth quotes the sixth post. This would create two strands, consisting of posts 1, 2, 3 and 7, and 4, 5, 6 and 8. Note that if the 4th post had quoted the first post then there would only be one strand.

14. Private Message links

This one was a bit harder to find than it should have been, so there's now a "start a conversation" link under the user info over there on the left

<--- should be about here i think

14. Private Message links

This one was a bit harder to find than it should have been, so there's now a "start a conversation" link under the user info over there on the left

<--- should be about here i think

I've changed this to be a little envelope.

That may change back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back