Comprehensive list of the most played songs on Irish radio in 2014 (1 Viewer)

Does any of this really matter at all?

Isn't it like moaning about reality shows being popular on TV or the kids with the txtspk or whatever?
People are gonna like what they're gonna like.
There's a huge diversity of culture out there, take what you like and leave the rest. No?

Or should I truly be peeved that Coldplay are on the radio a lot?

Mediated culture is, by necessity, a narrow field and the argument ultimately boils down to 'Coke or Pepsi'. The response 'neither' places you outside the discussion. Chomsky says the same thing about intellectual freedom in Western democracy - the freedom to engage in lively debate within strictly controlled parameters. Mass-media doesn't so much teach us what to think as how to think. There's a kind of fallacy involved in getting het-up over this, I think.

Mediated culture is, by necessity, a narrow field and the argument ultimately boils down to 'Coke or Pepsi'. The response 'neither' places you outside the discussion. Chomsky says the same thing about intellectual freedom in Western democracy - the freedom to engage in lively debate within strictly controlled parameters. Mass-media doesn't so much teach us what to think as how to think. There's a kind of fallacy involved in getting het-up over this, I think.
Be that as it may it's still fun to follow pop culture and wish that a song like O Superman could still get to number 2 in the charts based on popularity alone.

Be that as it may it's still fun to follow pop culture and wish that a song like O Superman could still get to number 2 in the charts based on popularity alone.
For sure, but every inbreaking of real imagination and creativity into the charts is another alibi for the industry; it's bittersweet, without parameters there's nothing to strain against - it does appear that all the horses in the industry stables are slowly suffocating in their own mess though. It's definitely time for a new Burt Kokain or a Rotten Johnny to kick it back to life ... maybe it's sour grapes on my part but I'd put a DNR order on it. LOL

Avoiding Popular Songs Somehow Accomplishment For Local Man | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

700.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back