Complaining about other parents and their kids thread (1 Viewer)

I was out to dinner the other night and a woman allowed her two kids to bang on the table and throw food while she played with her phone. When she got up to leave about 30 minutes later, she said, "Now you can enjoy your meal." Seriously, she knew it was bugging my whole table and others yet she allowed it to go on that long.

I was out to dinner the other night and a woman allowed her two kids to bang on the table and throw food while she played with her phone. When she got up to leave about 30 minutes later, she said, "Now you can enjoy your meal." Seriously, she knew it was bugging my whole table and others yet she allowed it to go on that long.

Parents are beaten down. A lot of them have lost the will to fight, mostly because they know they can't win.
The end of her sentence may as well have been "... but this never ends for me".

it's not like it's a secret that kids are a pain in the hole that never ends

Not a secret, no. But lots of people do sell the lie of it just being this joyous life-altering experience that you're missing out on, rather than it also being the worst full-time service industry job you could have.
Plenty buy into that, and then go on to sell it themselves.
Kids are basically a Ponzi scheme.

I'm paying money to enjoy a night out and eat good food. When I can't do that because there are screaming kids, I get annoyed. Especially since the mother was ignoring their behaviour. I could barely talk to the people I was with because it was so loud. If she even attempted to control them, I would have been less annoyed.

I never really had a problem with the kid. If I was talking her out, we went to a family restaurant and if I was going somewhere nicer I arranged for a babysitter.
It pisses me of when I've paid to have my child watched so I can have a nice night out, and I'm stuck listening to sometime else's have a strop.

It's probably uncharitable of me, but any time that I have been responsible for kids in a public setting (rarely enough) I couldn't care less if they're annoying anyone else, just that they're safe and not spilling something on themselves.
You and your adult friends came somewhere that allows kids or during kid hours? Tough boobs. I've got enough going on.

I also usually promise to myself after the fact that I will never do it again.

Most restaurants don't have 'no kid hours' (it was around half seven) and it's the not kids I have the problem with at all. They are kids. I don't mind them being in restaurants at all. It's when they are clearly trying to get the attention of the parent by banging and throwing food, while the parent sits there on their phone ignoring, that I have a problem with.

I'm always at pains to ensure that my kid behaves reasonably well in public settings, it's about teaching him manners. Not that he ever has, but if he was acting the bollix in a restaurant, we'd just leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back