Coffee (1 Viewer)

Coffee is best enjoyed

• Total voters
ernesto very kindly dropped a reusable metal filter for my aeropress in my letterbox for me - tried it for the first time last night, and the water just poured straight through it. what am i doing wrong? do i need to grind the coffee more finely to slow the water down?
my coffee grinder is a little worn so that might be hit and miss.
Jazes I dunno I ordered a one from china thats been great. Although at the min Im mainly drinking instant Lor ..man that is great coffee!

But in the meantime...I was getting a week out of a paper filter..I could post you a few if you're stuck

A lot of people seem to go with the inverted method when they're using a metal filter, to combat this very problem.

I ordered some nice 3fe coffees for my french press, but would like to try something else next - any recs?

ernesto very kindly dropped a reusable metal filter for my aeropress in my letterbox for me - tried it for the first time last night, and the water just poured straight through it. what am i doing wrong? do i need to grind the coffee more finely to slow the water down?
my coffee grinder is a little worn so that might be hit and miss.

A lot of people seem to go with the inverted method when they're using a metal filter, to combat this very problem.

Yep! I use the upside down/ reverse method.

Yep! I use the upside down/ reverse method.
Is this the yoke I want for my Aero?

What one do you use?

The only coffee I use is pre-ground

Is this the yoke I want for my Aero?

What one do you use?

The only coffee I use is pre-ground

yes x 2

I ordered some nice 3fe coffees for my french press, but would like to try something else next - any recs?
Get thee to Shop | Imbibe Coffee Roasters
The Kaleidoscope house blend is my normal coffee, but if you sign up to this coffee club, he occasionally imports utterly insanely yum coffees.
1% of his turnover goes to Women's Aid, and he's generally just the soundest of blokes. He doesn't normally do a public shop, but as wholesale has dried up, he is as he's determined to keep paying his staff full wages.

Get thee to Shop | Imbibe Coffee Roasters
The Kaleidoscope house blend is my normal coffee, but if you sign up to this coffee club, he occasionally imports utterly insanely yum coffees.
1% of his turnover goes to Women's Aid, and he's generally just the soundest of blokes. He doesn't normally do a public shop, but as wholesale has dried up, he is as he's determined to keep paying his staff full wages.

I just had a cup of the colombian from the recent coffee club order (it was delivered last week but he advised to wait a week from roasting to try it) and it;s fantastic. Gary is basically the reason I've become an insufferable coffee bore.

I can't remember who it's going to but he told me a few months ago that he's increasing the charitable contribution to 2%.

In future, if you get a shop to grind your coffee for you they will do it to the appropriate coarseness if you tell them it’s for an aero press. Though if you’re using a metal filter it should be slightly coarser than for a paper filter as the pores in the metal are bigger than what would go through paper.

in bits after last night's festivities. following nerdlinger here's french press tips. decent results.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

in bits after last night's festivities. following nerdlinger here's french press tips. decent results.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Dude is obsessed with having no bits in his coffee
Is that the same as great tasting coffee?

Still working through my 3fe loot before I get the Imbibe - as recommended, thanks all. First bag is so-so tried the Ethiopian blend. Nice but a little bland, I like a darker roast. Anyway, just finished that one and on to this Momentum blend.

I think part of me is biased against 3fe because they serve it in the barista coffee spot in work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back