Coffee (1 Viewer)

Coffee is best enjoyed

• Total voters
Surely you should be growing your own beans at this point?
I know.

Sosina (person in question) does seem a bit sheepish about that part, but she looked sternly at me while she was getting the fresh beans out of the cupboard and said: These beans are from Ethiopia, I know him.

I'm not sure exactly what or how she knew, but it was a genuine point of contention that she thought it would be safest to address right off the bat. She knows him.

I didn't comment much because that was right at the start and I had no idea what was coming next, but the fact that she herself didn't pick the beans did appear to grate a bit.

But The sweetness of the milk balances out the bitterness.
And Only a drop to colour it doesn’t really over-milkify the coffee taste

Edit: also the fat in the milk serves to carry more flavour so it’s tastier too

Obviously people get to like what they like but generally I'd say that good beans brewed well aren't bitter.

Obviously people get to like what they like but generally I'd say that good beans brewed well aren't bitter.

A lot of the bitterness comes from the roasting though, I think. It's why most Italian coffee is terrible, it's hugely over roasted (method started when they had to start using shitty beans during the war and it stuck).

I've gone decaffeinated for the last few months. Ground or whole beans, made in the aeropress & an aldi ambiano milk frother. Makes a decent cappuccino.

I still don't sleep until after 2am.

Just popped in to share a little Aeropress toptip.

I've been reusing my filters..just rinse it and pop it on the window sill. This is what the lad who invented it does..he gets 80 goes out of one

I have 3 on rotation. Havent used a fresh one in two weeks and probably wont need to for months by the looks of it.

I have a steel one en route from china but really its not necessary by the looks of it. A pack of paper ones will last years

I'm using the inverted method with Lavazza.

The search is over. Better than shop coffee ,all things considered

Just popped in to share a little Aeropress toptip.

I've been reusing my filters..just rinse it and pop it on the window sill. This is what the lad who invented it does..he gets 80 goes out of one

I have 3 on rotation. Havent used a fresh one in two weeks and probably wont need to for months by the looks of it.

I have a steel one en route from china but really its not necessary by the looks of it. A pack of paper ones will last years

I'm using the inverted method with Lavazza.

The search is over. Better than shop coffee ,all things considered

Excellent! Aeropress is king, my friend!

I got one of these refillable capsules for the coffee capsule thing at work. I'm not sure washing and refilling it for every coffee is worth the bother, the convenience of throwing the used capsules in the bin was all those machines really have going for them.
Capsula_black_logo_tappo_beige_resized.jpg

I got one of these refillable capsules for the coffee capsule thing at work. I'm not sure washing and refilling it for every coffee is worth the bother, the convenience of throwing the used capsules in the bin was all those machines really have going for them.
Capsula_black_logo_tappo_beige_resized.jpg

Fuck those nespresso cunts though

ernesto very kindly dropped a reusable metal filter for my aeropress in my letterbox for me - tried it for the first time last night, and the water just poured straight through it. what am i doing wrong? do i need to grind the coffee more finely to slow the water down?
my coffee grinder is a little worn so that might be hit and miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back