Coffee (2 Viewers)

Coffee is best enjoyed

• Total voters
Can't speak for anywhere where you may be located but most of the coffee places that roast their own coffee here in nz will often have a cupping evening maybe weekly or monthly where you can do just this. It's usually free to attend and you get to try everything.
Perhaps suggesting something like this to your local spot. If they don't roast themselves, their supplier roaster should be happy to organize this for them.

IMG_7406.JPG IMG_7440.JPG Round about Christmas, I started roasting coffee, commercially, like.
Bought a 1kg electric drum roaster (a North TJ-067 for those interested).
At the moment it's just a side project as I've not given up my day job - but, I've gone through 60KG so far in about 3 mnths.
I've created a nice smooth single origin roast (quite a blond roast - just pulled after first crack ) using a delicious Brazilian bean from the Bobolink growers coop.
It's proven very popular with my customers ( I sell in a store in town and deliver to local folks directly in addition to having a couple of food truck wholesale customers.)
It also make for a very nice cold brew beverage - flavourful but without the acidity & bitterness that can come from other extraction methods.
Nothing quite like having more control of your own coffee supply for a tasty cuppa.
Anyhow - that is all really. Just thought I'd mention it here.

View attachment 11723 View attachment 11724 Round about Christmas, I started roasting coffee, commercially, like.
Bought a 1kg electric drum roaster (a North TJ-067 for those interested).
At the moment it's just a side project as I've not given up my day job - but, I've gone through 60KG so far in about 3 mnths.
I've created a nice smooth single origin roast (quite a blond roast - just pulled after first crack ) using a delicious Brazilian bean from the Bobolink growers coop.
It's proven very popular with my customers ( I sell in a store in town and deliver to local folks directly in addition to having a couple of food truck wholesale customers.)
It also make for a very nice cold brew beverage - flavourful but without the acidity & bitterness that can come from other extraction methods.
Nothing quite like having more control of your own coffee supply for a tasty cuppa.
Anyhow - that is all really. Just thought I'd mention it here.
And when does Thumped LTD start importing this coffee? @pete?

I know someone who puts half a teaspoon of instant Nescafé red label into boiling water and claims to be one of those people that 'needs' her coffee in the morning.

I don't like the hassle or the smell or the trappings

Coffee is like getting back into vinyl. I bought vinyl & cassettes as a teen but then bought CDs exclusively for ages. Got back into vinyl a few years ago after hearing endlessly about how it sounds sooo much better than CDs. So you get a record player and have a listen. Its sounds okay, but not blown.
Someone will say
“What turntable do you have?”
Well, It’s a cheap one
Oh you’ll have to upgrade to really hear the difference.

So you spend a bit more. It’s still sounds okay but not blown away

“What speakers do you have? You should get this expensive brand”
Okay got those speakers, Sound quiet good but I still like my CDs.

“What cables do you use? You need to get these gold plated ones”
Got those. But it’s not night & day. The CDs still sound good.

“What pressing of the records are you playing?” You need to get an original pressing of the album to really hear it like its supposed to sound”

And so on…………

Its the end of my second week of a new job in Tara St. Never even noticed all the coffee places on it, despite cycling up it every day for the past 10 years.

Anyway, there's one spot up near the Liffey end of it called Shoe Lane. Coffee is a little pricey (3 euro for a cappucino) and the cups are small but jaysus, it's the best coffee I've ever had anywhere in Dublin. Have been over daily since finding it.

They have moved the kettle into my office in work. I've gone from maybe one cup in the morning to at least 3 a day.

That's probably not helping my stress now I think of it.

They have moved the kettle into my office in work. I've gone from maybe one cup in the morning to at least 3 a day.

That's probably not helping my stress now I think of it.

Do you not get caffine withdrawl symptoms?
My coffee consumption increased since I got the areopress & did i pay for it last Sunday into Monday. I had a lie in and didn't get my fix, Horrible headache for almost 2 full days.

Anyway, there's one spot up near the Liffey end of it called Shoe Lane. Coffee is a little pricey (3 euro for a cappucino) and the cups are small but jaysus, it's the best coffee I've ever had anywhere in Dublin. Have been over daily since finding it.

No insulation on those cups so it feels like you're transporting a hot coal ember. And I don't like their coffee, tastes burnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back