Coffee (2 Viewers)

Coffee is best enjoyed

• Total voters
I'm obviously a philistine but why on earth would you need an expensive grinder? I think the one I have cost about 30 quid.

Adjustable settings that affect the coarseness of the ground coffee means that you can grind your coffee to the recommended Coarseness depending on the way you make coffee.

Eg Coffee Made in an aero press requires smaller granules of ground coffee to that of a mocha or french press etc.
Makes a HUGE difference.
Difference between hitting all the notes and 'this tastes like bitter mud'

does anyone have one of these lidl coffee machines?

What's the opinion?

I don't know.

I do know I will be shelling out for this though,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

there's a nice coffee place which has opened up in the last year, directly across my my bike shop. sorted.
driftwood coffee, on mckee road near finglas village.

yep.
there was some sort of discount place called clever buy's (sic) beside humphries, but that's closed now. can't remember what was in the premises where the coffee shop is, before they arrived.

Would any of ye have an interest in some V60 pour-over stuff? It's fancy and pretty and in my opinion could make a nice Christmas present that you will go on to resentfully watch never being used until you have to try to give it away on the internet nearly two years later.

My (cheapo cut-rate espresso) coffee machine broke recently, been using an Aeropress. Pretty good, and i'm sure I can get better at it, but i'm not gonna lie, it's a good coffee but it's missing that espresso hit and i'm going to get an actual, real-life espresso machine... some how. I think my grinder is good enough but we'll find out.

Have you changed your grind to suit the Aeropress? I can't remember which, but it either needs to be coarser or finer than an espresso machine or mokka pot. I think coarser. There's a gazillion internet articles on it, but it does make a big difference

Have you changed your grind to suit the Aeropress? I can't remember which, but it either needs to be coarser or finer than an espresso machine or mokka pot. I think coarser. There's a gazillion internet articles on it, but it does make a big difference
Yeah, I have managed to get it quite sweet with a coarser grind and ensuring it's well off the boil, but struggling to get it...intense. Been reading and watching around and I probably need to get a thermometer to be more accurate with the water temperature (although I do seem to be getting the hang of it anyway. Used this method a bit). I could leave the coffee to steep (?) longer in the water but probably run the risk of over extraction and bitterness that way, right?

Yeah, I have managed to get it quite sweet with a coarser grind and ensuring it's well off the boil, but struggling to get it...intense. Been reading and watching around and I probably need to get a thermometer to be more accurate with the water temperature (although I do seem to be getting the hang of it anyway. Used this method a bit). I could leave the coffee to steep (?) longer in the water but probably run the risk of over extraction and bitterness that way, right?

jaysus lads, its only coffee

Uber coffee nerd, James Hoffman. I thought it was Gareth Malone.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back