cLOUDDEAD/ Boom Bip & Doseone - Whelans this sunday! (1 Viewer)

binky

Website
www.thejimmycake.org
savage banter presents...

a Mush Records night

featuring

cLOUDDEAD

"perhaps the most most all-enveloping, engrossing, perplexing, sublime listening experience you'll have all year." - SLEAZE NATION

BOOM BIP & DOSEONE

"They make DJ Shadow's latest look as progressive as a penny farthing, let them take your inner ear out there." - NME

REACHING QUIET

"If Salvador Dali were alive today he would probably hail the duo as his new muses." - ALTERNATIVE PRESS

RADIOINACTIVE

"Like hopping on a magic carpet mystery tour around the world of music.." - HIP HOP CONNECTION

PLUS LATE NIGHT SAVAGE BANTERING WITH DJs

BRAIN GIRL & DINGHY BOY

and cheapo booze: Grolsch & Staropramen bottles 2.50 europ.

WHELANS, SUNDAY JULY 21

Tickets: Ten europ (plus booking fee) from ROAD RECORDS (Fade St, Dublin 2, www.roadrecs.com)

The Mush Records world tour makes its only Irish stop-off at Dublin on July 21. This will be a hip-hop show like no other, featuring live drums, trumpets, guitars, bass as well mics, decks and samplers. It'll feature four performances, no change-overs, no waffle. cLOUDDEAD you may be familiar with through their awesome eponymously titled album on Ninja Tune affiliate label Big Dada. cLOUDDEAD is a trio featuring the unique words and voice of esteemed emcee and Anticon head Doseone and his cohorts Odd Nosdam and Why? U.S. dance culture magazine Urb described Dose as "an artist who may turn out to be one of our generation's most important."

Doseone will also team-up with UK production eccentric Boom Bip. The duo have just released an incredible collaborative album on the Leaf Label, entitled Circle. "An unhinged collage of poetry, static, sneers, monologues, drumbeats, wisecracks and guitars," said the New York Times. "So far ahead of the rest," added Mojo. "A certifiable Freudian freak-out", concluded Jockey Slut.

Also on this bill will be Reaching Quiet, where clOUDDEAD heads Why? and Odd Nosdam conspire through their poetry-to-beat experiments to "meld personality into an off white noize", and achieve "a gogeous meltdown of sounds." And Radioinactive is a one-time collaborator of such hip-hop luminaries as Afrika Bambaata and the Sugarhill Gang. He blends strnage underground hip-hop styles with string-laden ethnic music and complex rapping / singing. He's been cited as a true next generation poet.

After that lot the Savage Banter dishko action kicks in with one of our favourite duos, Brain Girl (Frontend Synthetics) and Dinghy Boy (FES/ Jimmy Cake).

Okay... when are cLOUDEAD playing? What time?

And if I offer you a night of passion with my sister, can I have some free tickets?

Yes, Herv, Dinghy Boy. As in a new breed of superhero stylee.
(salvaged from a tragic tabloid headline in which a little boy died in a dinghy, by Vinnie. Sumpin wrong wit dat bwoy)

Hey Billy, is your sister hot?
Clouddead will be going on pretty late I should think. The thing's on till 2 or 3 and there's only me and my stupid sister on after...

Right.... I'll go to the Xfm benefit thing first and then head up around 11.

And word on the street says my sister is the hottest dame in town.

a tragic tabloid headline

i noticed one of the tabloids had a front page story about a priest plummeting from something to his doom today. though they didn't reuse the "death fall priest" headline - this being another one of vinnie's tragic tabloid headline superheroes.

God your new name is shit

My sister is a big AC/DC, Aerosmith and Thin Lizzy fan... she's the business....

She's far too hard to go to some ponsey rap gig full of wannabe Irish home boys wearing their Road baggies and loose hoodies*.....

*These are the only clothes I possess by the way

Originally posted by billygannon
God your new name is shit

My sister is a big AC/DC, Aerosmith and Thin Lizzy fan... she's the business....

She's far too hard to go to some ponsey rap gig full of wannabe Irish home boys wearing their Road baggies and loose hoodies*.....

*These are the only clothes I possess by the way

i love the way you always wear a smart shirt under those hoodies.

Originally posted by herv

i love the way you always wear a smart shirt under those hoodies.

A fart shirt more like!

I'm in the same gear today.... casual day in work... they even have a casual dress code... I'm serious...

i'll give you a bell.

or a mail.

a finnish woman cleaned me out last night though. man could she drink.

what was hags gig like.

were you punked up to the nines.

i ate potato wedges that had sat in a washing up liquid solution.

when i burp bubbles come out of my mouth.

i don't like it.

and i'm still a bit drunk.

i'm being delightful to everyone on the phone this morning.

Originally posted by billygannon

A fart shirt more like!

I'm in the same gear today.... casual day in work... they even have a casual dress code... I'm serious...

every day is casual day where i work.

my boss came up and stroked my bald spot recently.

the monkeyshines you get up to when i'm not there to be the august voice of stone cold reason.

and as for women outdrinking you, hervert. .....
come on....
for real?
immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmagine

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back