Clothes and haircuts (2 Viewers)

someone's facebook memories tells me that my new button shirt is at least 4 years old.

newest gear arrived in the post yesterday. a sweet looking stoat tee thanks to @egg_ this replaces my here be monsters shirt, courtesy of @Anthony, as my latest and greatest.

check me out next time you see me.

The haircut must be good when the barber insists on Instagram-ing the cut just he gave me

Another punter told me it was "one slick haircut"

Not so good news on the clothes front. The jacket I ordered turns out to be unable to accommodate my increased girth

Bought a jacket and the sleeves were too long. Went to a tailor to get them taken in and he quoted me £50 which is as much as the jacket. Took it to the dry cleaner and they did it for £15. Admittedly the dry cleaner's fucked it up but £50 to fix some sleeves is extortionate. Also the tailor was a grouchy cunt and we got into a big argument in his shop.

Bought a jacket and the sleeves were too long. Went to a tailor to get them taken in and he quoted me £50 which is as much as the jacket. Took it to the dry cleaner and they did it for £15. Admittedly the dry cleaner's fucked it up but £50 to fix some sleeves is extortionate. Also the tailor was a grouchy cunt and we got into a big argument in his shop.

Imagine each sleeve took about an hour. Say it works out €25 per hour. If he has shop rent and bills to pay, (in London?!) that’s not that expensive. He also has to have the correct thread and colour in stock.

A haircut costs about €25 an hour, At the cheapest end.
Electricians / plumbers cost 3 times that per hour, minimum, after the first hour.
Just because the jacket was cheap doesn’t mean someone’s skilled labour should be.
One of the reasons the dry cleaners might have been cheaper is because it’s a service they offer on the side to their main income - they don’t rely on it.

I need to buy new clothes. I'm starting to look like a fucking hobo. I kind of fell out of the habit over the last few years. I just realised that most of my socks are older than my kids.
Say nothing of my t-shirts.

I’m having a shoe crisis at the moment. The heel came off the shoes I’d normally wear to work. They’ve already be re-soles a couple of times and the heel repaired, I let them go this time. Then I put on a pair of runners and realised something was off. I buy the same size and style in different colours, turns out when I chucked an old pair, I actually chucked one shoe from one pair and another from a different pair (grey and a khaki colour). It isn’t super noticeable when I wear them but now I’ve copped it I feel really conspicuous.

I need to buy new clothes. I'm starting to look like a fucking hobo. I kind of fell out of the habit over the last few years. I just realised that most of my socks are older than my kids.
Aw man, me too. I'm what my mother would call a holy show these days. Holes in the elbows of all my shirts, have to keep the sleeves constantly rolled up. None of my pants are the original colour, some sort of amalgam off-colour.

Aw man, me too. I'm what my mother would call a holy show these days. Holes in the elbows of all my shirts, have to keep the sleeves constantly rolled up. None of my pants are the original colour, some sort of amalgam off-colour.

This is me also. All my jumpers are either holey or bally, or both. I also noticed over the weekend that most of the dye has run out of my "good" jeans. This just seemed to happen without me noticing. You think to yourself "But I only bought these jeans......Fuck, it's 2 years ago." I used to have some sort of pride in my appearance!

This is me also. All my jumpers are either holey or bally, or both. I also noticed over the weekend that most of the dye has run out of my "good" jeans. This just seemed to happen without me noticing. You think to yourself "But I only bought these jeans......Fuck, it's 2 years ago." I used to have some sort of pride in my appearance!
There is something reassuring about an old jumper though.

There is. When you're sitting at home with a couple of cans watching family guy reruns. They're not great for when you have to go meet people in public.
Unless your public are wearing boiler-suits and wellies covered in shite. Then you're the height of fashion! Dog hair is an accessory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back