Clothes and haircuts (2 Viewers)

What about jumpers? I get my jumpers dry cleaned once a year. Only wear them for about 3 or 4 months in the year year, over t shirts or shirts, and have about 7 on rotation.

There's something of a contradiction there - I generally wear shirts (as with trousers its two wears then wash), I do have a hoodie I'm particularly fond of though and that'll be worn a couple of times a week and washed once a month or so.

Cax n sox daily do I change.

T shirts daily,bi-daily or even tri, depending on mankyness

Trousers weekly.Whether they are dirty or not

Edit..bedclothes fortnightly

Good jeans are so rare that you can't afford to be exhausting them in the machine, wear them til they get a bit baggy and then wash to shrink them up again. Even if you find great jeans and go back to buy three more pairs, they'll often have changed the recipe. It's heartbreaking, really.

Good jeans are so rare that you can't afford to be exhausting them in the machine, wear them til they get a bit baggy and then wash to shrink them up again. Even if you find great jeans and go back to buy three more pairs, they'll often have changed the recipe. It's heartbreaking, really.
I asked in the Levis shop why when I bought two pairs of 527 bootcut jeans in the exact same size, one was perfect and one was far too small. Her answer was that the different colours in the same style are sized differently. How this affects a size that is based on an absolute unit of size (inches around waist) is beyond me.

Her answer was that the different colours in the same style are sized differently. How this affects a size that is based on an absolute unit of size (inches around waist) is beyond me.
A bra fitting lady told me that black fabric stretches more, or maybe faster, than other colours, so they manufacture black bras a little smaller to start with. She said it's how all black dye affects fabric. Maybe your jeans will end up the same size in a year. Or four weeks, if you're one of those compulsive launderers.

Sci Fi writer William Gibson also sells snorkel jackets!
I really liked the way he wrote about clothes in that last trilogy, like only owning 21 'units' of clothing. And raw denim I think he wrote about as well, which sounded like it could solve the stretchy-shrinky problem. Okay, Willy, take my money.

A bra fitting lady told me that black fabric stretches more, or maybe faster, than other colours, so they manufacture black bras a little smaller to start with. She said it's how all black dye affects fabric. Maybe your jeans will end up the same size in a year. Or four weeks, if you're one of those compulsive launderers.

Hmmm, this makes sense, my black jeans are hanging off me while my blue ones still fit perfectly. I should just buy a belt though.

I asked in the Levis shop why when I bought two pairs of 527 bootcut jeans in the exact same size, one was perfect and one was far too small. Her answer was that the different colours in the same style are sized differently. How this affects a size that is based on an absolute unit of size (inches around waist) is beyond me.
Levi's are made all over the shop. To get a pair with the exact same fit, you'll have to match up the production codes: http://lifehacker.com/5973863/find-another-pair-of-your-favorite-pants-years-after-theyve-worn-out

oh, very me.

an acceptable haircut in sams on dorset street on saturday morning. although a bit more talking than i'd be able for really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back