Climate change global warming natural disaster freak weather etc. (1 Viewer)

Just got my lunch in Blackrock in just a T-shirt
(And pants obvs, I’m not Half naked French style)
we're having a very warm autumn, following a pretty warm summer.

sept was a record breaker:

dublin airport heading for 1.7C above its long term average for october.

climate has already changed.

Tangentially related, but this looks interesting. App that notifies you of cafes etc who'll sell you end of the day food for cheap, rather than dump it. Not that many Dublin places in it yet, so might just be lots of stale Danish's from Applegreen, but has potential.

pete quote tweeted this. it's laughable how utterly wrong the graph is - they've calculated the carbon footprint of CDs and LPs based on how much carbon is in each disc.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

also, it seems you can listen to CDs and LPs without any further carbon contribution.
rough guesstimate, if your turntable and amp use 50W, by the time you have reached the mentioned 20 hours, you add 1kWh of electricity to the calculation.

also, it seems you can listen to CDs and LPs without any further carbon contribution.
rough guesstimate, if your turntable and amp use 50W, by the time you have reached the mentioned 20 hours, you add 1kWh of electricity to the calculation.

You don't have to count the amp on the basis that that would be part of all methods of listening though - it'd just be the turntable itself

the article mentions all of this though.

This is all carbon footprint garbage anyway, divide and conquer PR coming from the oil industry that should be ignored.

Depends on who mastered the CO2 at the end of the day. If we perhaps all only listened to Ed Sheeran and no one else we could make the music delivery system very efficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back