Climate change global warming natural disaster freak weather etc. (2 Viewers)

I was wondering there yesterday..are the people who run the industries that are destroying the world..

Are they evil?

Yeah, duh.

but also, even if they aren't and they're just terribly naive, they have to bring in exponential profits every year or they get ousted by the shareholders so it's not like they have a choice in the matter.

FAYRk5rVcAoSuab

Can you imagine all the Corkonians when this happens? The reeeel capital, boy.

The Ireland of Earthsea

My house is good for about 90m but we'll be living on a very small island from around 50m. Not to mention the storms.

Last edited:
I was wondering there yesterday..are the people who run the industries that are destroying the world..

Are they evil?
While not being outwardly saying 'evil' my experience is

Everyone thinks the climate is somebody elses job.*

Even a small mattress of money to sleep on at night isolates people not so much from the climate, but being in the firing line of the relevant information to it.**

*It is definitley more someone who runs an oil refinery's job more than it is yours, but the understanding that it is technically everyones job is high priority.

** this i from dealing with political types, media types, businessy types - one thing becomes more and more clear - Politicians will win or lose this. One oil factory being as clean as they can will be financially murdered by some smoke billowing hellhole somewhere else and we'll have no option but to fill up and go to work with the one we can afford. Restricting industry equally, through politics is the improbable but most viable method - but would be easier if everyone realised it's everyones job.

Are they evil?
What you think of as "bad" very much depends on the people around you. My Ma's Ma though it was genuinely sinful to miss Mass. I bet most people our parents' age genuinely thought it was good for kids to get the odd wallop. Most people who work for oil companies probably think they're providing something necessary for humanity ... in fairness maybe people right at the top are JR Ewing style evil bastards, but I doubt that's exclusive to oil companies either

The Ireland of Earthsea

My house is good for about 90m but we'll be living on a very small island from around 50m. Not to mention the storms.

I’m at 280m. I think. That site is a bit confusing.

i think we're at 57m; the house used to be (kinda still is) called st. david's and my wife and i have mulled putting up a different name plaque (admittedly stupid in a numbered house on a numbered road). my vote is for 'sea view' precisely because we can't see the sea from here.

All the full-time data centre stans out in force to respond to this tweet

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

excellent stuff

the entire of humanity will be dead but the precious data centres will still be running for the benefit of AI and cryptocurrencies

can we change the thread title to the 'we're fucked' thread.

even allowing for ambiguity about how the saudis etc report reserves and project production - this aint good.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back