Climate change global warming natural disaster freak weather etc. (1 Viewer)

You have to slow down enough to see I'm not making an argument against data centres though. All I did was try and get a measure on them because people were talking about blackouts. I measured them and they came up horrific, Data centres are the people you need to give out to, not me.
Not arguing against you at all, my man - I really appreciate the research you do and share on this sort of shit

Do you think these data centres are being built here because of our climate?
I don't care about why they're here, I care what effect them being here has compared to alternatives

@ernesto if submerging server farms in the sea is possible at scale and has a lower environmental impact then I'm all for it, but they have to get their electricity from somewhere, and the sea is an ecosystem too

I don't care about why they're here, I care what effect them being here has compared to alternatives

@ernesto if submerging server farms in the sea is possible at scale and has a lower environmental impact then I'm all for it, but they have to get their electricity from somewhere, and the sea is an ecosystem too

They Could all be powered locally with hydro power. Perfect for it

They Could all be powered locally with hydro power. Perfect for it

would be interesting if you can only upload selfies while the tide is flowing in the right direction

a bit like this solar-powered website, which goes offline if it’s too cloudy:

Hydro power from undersea currents? I know there's research going on, but I'm not aware that there's anything production-ready in existence

there’s this:

all a bit performative-tokenistic and elon-worshipping right now, but similar things could scale up

Fair enough I was just going off your reference to our climate being more suitable than Spain's. Maybe a colder climate alternative would be a better comparison than Spain. Dunno why ya picked Spain as an example though so I dunno.

TLDR: Is the gist here that the INTELs and whatnot should sort out their own elec-trickery yeah? Whether that's generators in the Irish Sea or windfarms. I'm sure there's a way we could offset the benefits job-wise and economy-wise they're providing agaist the arsefucking they're giving us electricity-wise and charge the cunts/make them sort it out accordingly. That's what government's for, isn't it? hahahaha aahhahahaha

TLDR: Is the gist here that the INTELs and whatnot should sort out their own elec-trickery yeah? Whether that's generators in the Irish Sea or windfarms. I'm sure there's a way we could offset the benefits job-wise and economy-wise they're providing agaist the arsefucking they're giving us electricity-wise and charge the cunts/make them sort it out accordingly. That's what government's for, isn't it? hahahaha aahhahahaha

TLDR yes basically. Not much of scale should be happening with a realistic offsetting at this stage.

i.e. the motor industry have a melter if they dont shift 100,000 cars a year while having no realistic connection to the end of life process of the car, and even more so with the lithium boom. That, at this moment in time is madness, but getting people to a point of comprehending that is patient work.

Maybe a colder climate alternative would be a better comparison than Spain. Dunno why ya picked Spain as an example though so I dunno.
Just picked Spain cos @ernesto was talking about some Spanish dude uploading his pics to facebook. Yeah maybe colder climates than here would be better still, I don't know much about the ins and outs of cooling servers or about the impact of the byproducts of cooling (e.g. warm water) on local ecosystems

I assume an easy fix would be to increasingly ramp up the electricity cost after a certain cap is reached. They'll either pay mega bucks into Ireland which we can use to help with climate and further electricity stuff (cue weeks and months of talk about "ringfencing" funds) or they'll sort it out themselves and free up the grid. They've already built the data centers, we have them captured.

I thought this was VG. These lads normally do CGI/VFX stuff.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sorta in the same ballpark

But with a huge plot twist in the last minute or so

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back